The idea of community over competition is growing rapidly in Charlotte, especially in the world of female business owners, creatives and entrepreneurs. One great example of this is the Pink Social Girl Tribe headed by Carrie Barker and Sarah Baucom, which is a group of local movers and shakers who utilize Facebook to share support for each others’ ideas and businesses.
On December 12, this group of women will share their tribe mentality with the rest of Charlotte in a one day holiday pop-up market of all-female local businesses. Vendors will range from local boutiques to jewelry makers, children’s specialty vendors, and handmade, too. The theme: all things girly. You can expect sparkles, pink, holiday cheer and beer (because beer is girly, right?!).
With all of the markets, pop-ups and sip-and-shops, it’s hard to see how another will differentiate themselves this season. To be honest, the pop-up scene is a full one, with many of the same vendors showing at multiple events. But the Pink Social Girl Tribe sets itself apart with the all-female vendor list and the mission to support each other, instead of competing. I think you can expect to see vendors laughing between booths, pointing shoppers to collaborative brands and talking up usual competitors. It’s definitely a different feeling and attitude than the usual vibe you get during the holidays, and I think it’s something shoppers will find refreshing. (Full disclosure: Jordan Dollard’s boutique, Elsa Fine, is a participating vendor.)
I’ve also been assured that even though there may be some *NYSNC holiday jams in the background, twinkly lights adorning booths and sparkles far and wide, the accompanying husband or boyfriend will have some things to enjoy, too. It’s being held at Sugar Creek Brewing, so beer will be plentiful and the tap room is planned to be open. Joe’s Doughs will also have some of their crowd favorite doughnuts flavors available for purchase.
The event details
- Saturday, December 12
- 11 a.m. to noon – VIP Admission for $5 (I highly suggest this, because vendors will sell out of their most popular items in this short period of time)
- Noon to 5 p.m. – Regular Admission is free
- Located at Sugar Creek Brewery, with beer available for purchase, in addition to Pure Intentions Coffee and Joe’s Doughs
- Alice Holleman
- Amie Kiehn Designs
- Beautiful Idiot
- elle + j
- Elsa Fine
- Evelyn Henson
- Gabrielle Wolfe
- George and Fran
- Hello Ginger
- Hidden Arrow
- Honeybee Gifts
- K&K Collective
- KK Bloom
- Lulu Bunny
- Mom N’ Pops Print Shop will be doing Live Letterpress (perfect holiday gift)
- JT Posh
- Petal Boutique
- Pink Social
- Revival Vintage
- Shop Tash
- Stix + Stones
- Syd’s Threads
- Teal House Collection
- The Tipsy Bunny
- UP studio
- Vidalia Vogue
- Voila Paper
- Well Kept
Here are my quick tips to the Pink Social Girl Tribe Holiday Market:
(1) Comfortable shoes! (Such a no-brainer.) You may have to stand in line for a period of time, plus you’ll be on your feet for hours. You won’t regret this.
(2) Cash is always welcome, but vendors usually have a quick swipe for debit and credit cards.
(3) Come with a friend. The atmosphere is going to be fun and upbeat, so enjoy it with someone who has a mutual love for sparkle.
(4) Bring your own reusable tote. Because this is a one-stop shop, you’ll most likely buy a few things and receive a few shopping bags. Say no thanks this time and bring your own! Don’t have any? Yelp Charlotte will be handing them out there.
(5) Hit up the photo booth. You know you love them, so grab all the supplied props you can in one hand, your beer in the other and make the funniest face you can.
(Cover image via Pink Social Girl Tribe)