Content Project Manager
Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more? Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated? If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products. We are looking for a Content Project Manager II to join our team and help us realize our vision.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
• Work on Virtual Support Agent strategy in collaboration with Supportability PMs (SPMs) or other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs, such as Escalation Engineers) for Developer products, to help us get to the next level of self-help by leveraging machine learning. Analyze performance of the dialogues, identify issues and content gaps in collaboration with SMEs. Manage work to make support content bot-friendly
• Identify top support issues with Developer products in collaboration with SMEs, review the collection of content addressing these issues and assess efficiency of the content. The Content Experience Project Manager will then determine how to improve efficiency of the content by leveraging automation, different templates, third-party contributions, multimedia, any possible avenue to improve customer success
• Monitor content efficiency at the level of the article thanks to commentaries that customers and engineers can provide on docs.microsoft.com. Answer customer comments and questions or engage with SMEs to answer customer comments or questions
• Collaborate with Product Groups and Customer Service and Support engineers/SPMs on content needs for new releases
• Manage content lifecycle: monitor, improve, and retire content as needed
• 3+ years of experience with writing/content publishing/content architecture for Developer/Broad Commercial audiences
• Deep technical experience with one of the Developer product families: Visual Studio, .NET framework and Programming languages, Web apps (on-premise and Azure Web apps) and Browser or with Dynamics products
• Experience working closely with engineering, customer support, and/or marketing teams, understanding the business and customer goals of each, and translating those goals into content for customers
• BA/BS degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• Strong in Azure fundamentals and ability to quickly ramp up on Azure Developer technologies
• Experience working with content authoring, management, and publishing tools, such as GitHub, DXStudio, and XMetaL desired
• Customer-focused mindset. Passion to figure out what customers need, and deliver it
• Experience with machine learning and virtual assistants a plus
• Customer Obsession – we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
• Growth Mindset – we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
• Diverse & Inclusive – we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
• One Microsoft – we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
• Making a difference – we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.