Visual Arts Specialist
• Two-year degree in visual/graphic arts and two years of visual/graphic arts experience that provides the knowledge, technical skills, and abilities in the area of assignment.
• Portfolio that demonstrates the highest level of experience.
• Experience and desire to work in a 100% virtual environment.
• Technical skills and knowledge: Thorough knowledge of graphic design concepts, methods, and techniques, including design, layout, typography, pre-press skills.
• Can manage style guide specifications, including color builds, typography, logo management.
• Digital file creation.
• Deliverable creation and delivery, including digital layout.
• Can produce digital files for social media.
• Photography and photo editing skills.
• Can produce print design, materials, and manage processes.
• Ability to employ equipment, techniques, hardware, software, and visual arts methods. Ability to independently resolve graphic software issues.
•General experience with technical software, including Adobe Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop.
• Basic knowledge of CMS such as Drupal.
• Manage graphic design projects from intake to production, including print, digital, and multi-media formats.
•Illustrate message by designing rough layout of art and copy through arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
•Promote subject matter in a wide variety of visual media (print, digital, environmental, multi-media, web/digital, etc.).
• Operate equipment (ex Macintosh hardware, camera, iPhone) and necessary design software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) – as well as traditional design methods.
• Create concepts, comps, layouts, and final art
• Ability to independently plan/manage project timelines, resources, and implementation in all areas of visual arts. Ability to provide oversight for project(s) and all related activities in that setting to include quality assurance and safety. Ability to coordinate and manage facilities, equipment, vendors, supplies, and related resources as necessary for the project. Ability to establish a set of tasks and activities associated with an intended outcome and timeline.
Customer service skills
• Listens and responds to needs, advises, and counsels; communication/ translation from business need to creative concept