Assists with sourcing and closing of all loans; property dispositions; asset valuations (appraisals, BOVs, etc.), tracking the performance of various projects; financial statement/cash flow preparation and analysis, property tax management; and other duties as needed.
• Assists with the sourcing and closing of all company loans, including development, acquisition, refinancing, and corporate loans. Helps to manage and coordinate the closing process.
• Prepares and maintains loan abstracts and ensures all covenants and financial reporting requirements are met.
• Assists with property dispositions; to include selecting broker and coordinating all information requests.
• Experienced in reviewing and evaluating commercial real estate appraisals.
• Works with Finance Team to fulfill BOV requests and reviews them once complete.
• Assists with company and investor reporting, to include preparation of quarterly property reports, individual investor reports, fund reports, financial statements, and other periodic or ad-hoc reports. Ensures reports are prepared timely and accurately.
• Assists colleagues with the review and approval of real estate taxes for all assets in the portfolio.
• Assists with quarterly fund valuations, real estate and debt schedules, and other supporting materials.
• Familiarity with the defeasance and interest rate cap process.
• Prepares periodic reports and analysis for use by management.
• Assists CFO and Director, Finance with various tasks as needed.
• Assists with resolving accounting or finance problems, management questions, or other research projects.
• Maintains working knowledge of Yardi and how to effectively and accurately obtain information. Consistently works to more effectively utilize the Yardi platform.
• Remains up-to-date with current market data and industry news.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting required
• 2-3 years of related experience required; real estate financing experience strongly preferred.
• Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment.
• Familiar with a variety of accounting and finance concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Must thrive in an environment where personal accountability and performance is balanced with teamwork.
• Exceptional quantitative capabilities with a knack for numbers.
• Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills required
• Exceptional analytical skills with an ability to understand how the parts fit into the larger picture.
• Excellent attention to detail required.
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in office setting.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Occasionally moves about to coordinate work.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.