Mission Ministry Coordinator
This person will be an integral member of the Mission Ministry team at Myers Park United Methodist Church. Provides the primary departmental support for the Pastor of Missions and Community Engagement and mission ministry team.
• Assists with implementing the goals of the Missions and Community Engagement team in accordance with the mission and strategic objectives of MPUMC.
• Assists Mission team with church-wide communications and departmental duties.
• Preparation and distribution of weekly enews for Missions Team through Constant Contact.
• General updating of web, Facebook, and other events on a daily basis for Mission specific information.
• Scheduling of social media posts for mission ministry team
• Gather and sort yearly grant applications for Wesley Grants, World Outreach Grants, and Local Outreach Grants
• Attends staff meetings as required
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Education: Minimum two years of college in administration or related field. Preference will be shown to an individual with four years of college in a related field.
• Skills: Detail oriented, creative and very well organized; strong written and verbal communication skills; displays flexibility; ability to work under time constraints; maintains confidentiality of sensitive information without exception.
• Joyful and kind presence
• Strong administrative skills
• Strong writing skills
• Basic knowledge of database software
• Comprehensive knowledge of Word Press management (web page management)
• Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Design and video editing products
• Proficiency in utilizing social media outlets (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work on and manage several projects simultaneously
• Synthesize data and inputs effectively and communicates results so that others easily understand
Please submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com