Lowe’s is seeking an innovative, results-driven Full Stack Software Engineer to deliver innovative, industry leading solutions. As a Software Engineer you will apply your deep software engineering skills to help develop complex enterprise applications. You will collaborate with technical and product leadership across the enterprise to help recommend, build and manage the solution stack for your products. You will influence the technology and tooling selection, solution design and architectural direction. You will help establish best practices, coding standards and will enforce design patterns to build sustainable products. You will mentor your team members and will help eliminate knowledge silos. You will learn different technologies, acquire skills and apply your knowledge to build exciting products that delight our customers and associates.
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs and to deliver code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
• Translates business requirements and specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with occasional guidance from senior colleagues; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Conducts the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT), provides insight into defining test plans, and ensures quality software deployment
• Participates in the end-to-end product lifecycle by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Understands Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering fundamentals; knows software architecture and readily applies this to software solutions
• Automates and simplifies team development, test, and operations processes; develops conceptual, logical and physical architectures consisting of one or more viewpoints (business, application, data, and infrastructure) required for business solution delivery
• Solves difficult technical problems; solutions are testable, maintainable, and efficient
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 2 years of experience in software development or a related field
• 2 years of experience in database technologies
• 1 year of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 2 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 4 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
• 4 years of experience with technical documentation in a software development environment
• 2 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 2 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• Experience with C/C++ in addition to the Java backend technology stack.
• Experience with application and integration middleware
• Experience with database technologies
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.