Software Engineer, Front-End
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is seeking an innovative, results-driven Front-End Software Engineer to deliver innovative, industry leading solutions. As a Software Engineer you will apply your deep software engineering skills to help develop complex enterprise applications. You will collaborate with technical and product leadership across the enterprise to help recommend, build and manage the solution stack for your products. You will influence the technology and tooling selection, solution design and architectural direction. You will help establish best practices, coding standards and will enforce design patterns to build sustainable products. You will mentor your team members and will help eliminate knowledge silos. You will learn different technologies, acquire skills and apply your knowledge to build exciting products that delight our customers and associates.
The primary purpose of this role is to work in an Agile Scrum development process to translate product features and user stories into logical program designs and to deliver software solutions following a CI/CD pipeline process using GIT and Jenkins. This includes developing, configuring, and modifying engaging, intuitive business applications within a web-based, microservices environments. This role facilitates the implementation, testing, and maintenance of new, groundbreaking products by developing React.js UIs.
• Actively participate in the definition, design, development, testing, support and implementation of front-end software functionalities.
• Work on agile teams by participating in story grooming, estimation, enablers and driving them to closure.
• Interact with engineers and other cross-functional teams such as Product Management, Release Engineering, Security, and Operations to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and security.
• Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports end-to-end test automation and other application testing efforts to ensure product quality
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 2 years of experience in software development or a related field
• 2 years of experience in database technologies
• 1 year of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 2 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 4 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 5 years of experience working with source code control systems like Git
• 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
• 2 years of experience working in an agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
• 2 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• 2 years of experience in React.js, Redux, and related technologies
• 2 years of experience in software development in an agile environment
• 1 years of experience expertise in TDD with unit testing tools such as Jest and Enzyme
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.