Assistant Accounting Manager
Immediate opening for a full or part-time accounting and office coordinator in a sports & entertainment law office. Responsible for financial administration, billing, bookkeeping, internal financial metrics, data management, banking administration, and providing daily support for lawyers. Must be a self-starter, proactive, instinctive, highly organized, have superior inter-personal skills, detail-oriented, and discretion a must with celebrity and athlete clients. A problem solver with analytical skills, the ability to work independently and take initiative, the ability to remain calm under pressure, work in a fast-paced environment, and meet tight deadlines.
• Manage law firm billing and payment processing;
• Manage client trust files and periodic trust account reconciliation
• Oversee law firm bookkeeping including preparation of reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, bill pay, and financial statements
• Manage insurance, payroll and work with ADP
• Work with Firm’s CPA including on 1099 and tax filings
• Prepare internal metrics and operational analytics
• Oversee client intake and onboarding
• Provide client services support on financial matters
• Provide support for attorneys as needed and manage follow-up
• Understand the workflow relationships of the attorneys at large
• E-file/digital document management. Organize and update hard copy files, ensuring all relevant documents are accessible
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College
• 3+ years related work experience (law firm preferred), with direct experience in bookkeeping
• Stellar References
• Skilled in firm billing and accounting software including QuickBooks
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Willingness to take initiative, problem solve, and exercise critical thinking skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks, with excellent time management skills
• Possess the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive financial and client information.
Apollo Sports and Entertainment Law Group is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Qualified applicants please send your resume and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. With respect and our apologies in advance, we can only respond to qualified candidates given the volume of resumes we receive.