Outdoor Activities Operations Manager
Whitewater is rooted in the belief that the active, outdoor lifestyle is for everyone. We are a team whose culture and work environment are dedicated to providing real engagement through authentic experiences. By promoting an active, outdoor lifestyle, we build community and opportunities for people to come together.
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
To help maintain and grow the success of the Outdoor Activities Department, we’re seeking an experienced operations manager to oversee daily activities. The Operations Manager is a key leadership position with a critical role in the fulfillment of the U.S. National Whitewater Center’s (USNWC) brand promise of delivering high-quality experiences. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing a supervisory team and also managing the day to functions of the operation.
• Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance and safety protocols
• Maintain a keen awareness of how the brand is being represented and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of meeting the brand promise
• Execution of processes and procedures to ensure consistency with objectives
• Manage an efficient operation with a strong fiscal awareness to continuously ensure the proper execution of resources
• Be a key leader in the planning and execution of any additional programming including winter activities
• Relentless pursuit to create and maintain a culture of safety within the organization
• Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a demanding environment
• Create, monitor, and execute training programs for incoming guides as well as continuing education programs for existing guides
• Maintain constant communication with management and staff to ensure proper operations of the department
• Create and utilize key tools and metrics to measure team results and hold the team accountable to established goals and objectives
• 4 year degree in Operations Management, Recreation Management, or another related field
• 5+ years of relevant management experience in operations
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other USNWC events as needed
• Actively engaged in the enjoyment of outdoor adventures
• Prior experience working in the outdoor industry
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively
• Organized, enthusiastic, and flexible
• Wilderness Medicine or First Aid/CPR certifications
The Outdoor Activities staff must complete an approved guide training. Must have the ability to lift 75+ pounds and stand for long periods of time.
• Medical, dental, vision
• Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
• Staff discount program and pro deals
• Paid Time Off