Senior Communications Coordinator
In 1963, Charlotte entrepreneur and engineer B. D. Rodgers envisioned a company that would build structures of enduring value and integrity and relationships that extend beyond project completion. Founded on the principles of strong leadership, ethical business practices and uncompromising standards of safety and quality, Rodgers Builders is recognized as one of the top contractors in the nation.
Our core values of integrity, quality, client satisfaction, and concern for our community are enhanced by selection and empowerment of strong managers, skilled craftspeople, and dedicated employees with a passion for building.
The relationships built by our employees and project team members have enabled our projects and our company to receive consistent recognition in regional and national rankings and prestigious awards from professional organizations and clients.
Rodgers is looking for a FT Senior Communications Coordinator to join the Marketing and Communications team. The Senior Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and delivering compelling content for internal and external audiences to help grow the Rodgers brand.
• Create engaging content including stories, photos, and videos that help promote a positive culture and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
• Work with senior management to provide executive communications support including scriptwriting, media interviews, and presentations
• Assist in development and execution of story ideas to support external communication channels including social media content, website messaging, project materials, and award submissions.
• Work collaboratively across department functions to interview appropriate team members to help build out content calendar
• Coordinate with project teams on award narratives and submittals; research and maintain calendar of award opportunities.
• Ensure communication strategies are consistent and reflect the organization’s strategic vision, and that the brand is appropriately represented across all communication channels.
• Create, maintain, and audit website content for accuracy and relevancy.
• Uphold best digital practices and SEO strategies for all website content.
• Assist with final and in-progress photography and maintain project portfolios.
• Collaborate with Marketing peers to assist with the planning and coordination of special events, internal events, promotional & brand marketing as needed.
• Develop copy for printed and digital advertising
• Support business development team with proposal materials in compliance with brand standards for RFQs, RFPs, client interviews, presentations, and other marketing materials.
• Provide guidance and support to proposal teams on interview preparation and presentation development as necessary.
• Other duties as required.
• Degree in Public Relations, Communication Studies, Journalism, English or related field preferred
• Strong writing and editing skills. Knowledge of AP Style.
• Basic skills in photography/video and editing.
• Collaborative work style.
• Detail-oriented with strong time management skills.
Responsibilities are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be required for project completion. Rodgers Builders, Inc. reserves the right to make discretionary changes to the above responsibilities at any time.