We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 95 years, and we are looking to add to our team. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 140 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
The Optician will assist patients with the selection and fitting of their prescription eyewear while also assisting the physician by providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients. Our ideal candidate has experience in high-end frame and lens products and is results-driven, sales savvy, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Utilize Point of Sale and EMR software to input patient eyewear orders
• Educate patients of frame and lens options
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of complex optical concepts
• Verify correctness of Rx in prescription eyewear received from lab
• Operate other optical equipment to facilitate manufacture of eyewear
• Troubleshoot eyewear to eliminate patient concerns and adjust accordingly
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of opticianry
• Maintain appearance of the optical dispensary
• Evaluate and manage patient concerns with any issues with eyewear
• Prompt, reliable attendance
• Ability to work onsite and travel to various locations across the Charlotte region
Education and experience
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
• Minimum of 2 years or more of working in an optical setting.
• Previous experience with EHR system preferred.
• 2 years of Customer-centered sales experience strongly preferred.
• Other clinical sales experience may be substituted for optical experience at the discretion of management.
Skills and abilities
• Opticianry, customer service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, ability to maintain positive team-oriented attitude with an attention to details.
• Microsoft Office experience preferred, especially Outlook.
• Computer software network applications, practice management software, and applicable electronic medical record software.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, ability to apply compute rates and percents, and the ability to draw and interpret bar graphs from data.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.