User Experience Designer
You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. We are building the next generation of technology that will empower Centene to better serve its members. Product owners drive the vision for their product and own the end-to-end product strategy from concept to production. Your mission will include analyzing user requirements and issues, engaging closely with stakeholders to define requirements, and ensuring implementation of a critical product vision.
• Conduct user experience research, interviews, and usability tests to inform design decisions and define user problems.
• Create low to high fidelity wireframes (illustrations) and prototypes which provide visual representation of the products
• Communicate conceptual ideas, protoypes and the specifics of user-centered design process to product owners, engineering and key stakeholders
• Work directly with Production Managers and Engineers to outline and define end-user needs and balance execution of desired business product requirements
• Translate ideas into user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and detailed spec sheets for the development team
• Develop functional low and high fidelity prototypes to prove out new concepts and scenarios
• Work across other internal teams to design required functionality and drive it through to implementation
• Implement, iterate and polish the final on screen experience(s) and usability
• Efficiently conduct user research to uncover usability issues or validate designs
• Contribute strategic, data-driven decisions with the rest of the technical and business team
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work.
• Practical experience leveraging current digital user experience and design tools such as (but not limited to) Adobe CC, Sketch, and InVision.
• Associate’s degree in Psychology, Human Factors, HCD, Interaction Design, Service Design, Marketing, Instructional Design, Digital Arts or related field or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of related experience required
• Interface and interaction design experience in Agile design environments
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creative and innovative design solutions, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes
• Experience and familiarity with design, repository, story, and backlog management tools and resources such as JIRA.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences
• Intellectual curiosity, creative confidence, and an enthusiastic work ethic & grit to handle everything that comes at you.
• Experience working with global, distributed, multi-cultural team
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.