Director, User Experience
You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. The Director of User Experience will be a key contributor in leading and evangelizing the short and long-term UX strategy for the organization.
• Manage the design team’ workload, establish processes, coach and mentor
• Attract and develop top UX talent
• Collaborate with Product Management, Architecture, Engineering, and other stakeholders to drive a UX vision to ensure alignment on priorities
• Present strategies, plans and provide updates to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
• Develop and communicate design recommendations based on research results through visual presentations, journeys, experience maps, concept maps, and wireframes
• Contribute to the implementation process by driving definition of improvements based on business needs and human-centered design principles
• Maintain and contribute to a robust design system supporting assets and design styles across iOS, Android, and Responsive Web.
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work.
• Management experience to include hiring, training, assigning work, and performance management
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience (preferably UX, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design UX, Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design).
• 8+ years of diverse IT experience or related field.
• Experience implementing IT innovation projects
• Agile development methodologies
• Human-Centered Design
• Customer validation
• Business model validation
• Convert project proposals into Jira projects by defining epics, features, and stories for the team to implement.
• End-to-end product design skillset (User Research, UX Design, UI Design, Style Guide Management, and component library)
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.