Senior Architect, Information Technology
You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. We are building the next generation of technology that will empower Centene to better serve its members. The Senior Architect will drive the vision and innovation, standards, development processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to support IT and business solutions.
• Drive the vision and innovation, standards, development processes, systems architecture, and design patterns to support IT and business solutions.
• Monitor emerging IT trends in the healthcare environment and determine its relevance and impact on the company
• Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and communicate long term vision and comprehensive strategic plans for infrastructure and/or enterprise architecture solutions
• Develop comprehensive strategic reference architectures for infrastructure and/or enterprise Architecture disciplines
• Partner with Business and IT leaders to drive business requirements into strategic designs
• Serve as the technical expert for enterprise-wide or company-wide technology and/or application domain
• Oversee systems design and architecture through leadership participation in architecture reviews
• Drive standards for development and design techniques for infrastructure and/or enterprise architecture
• Plan and integrate the work activities of virtual IT teams
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work.
• 8+ years of relevant design and architecture experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
• IT experience within managed care environment highly preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.