Site Reliability Engineer
You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. The Site Reliability Engineer designs innovation to improve system resiliency, performance, and efficiency. Your mission will include building platforms that teams can leverage to accelerate innovation in the areas of reliability, scalability and velocity.
• Design and develop automated monitoring function with key performance and service level indicators
• Participate in incident response and postmortems
• Monitor infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional performance objectives
• Code strategies and languages by leveraging knowledge while working with customers on configuration management initiatives
• Coordinate and assist teams in building competencies with infrastructure using object-oriented programming and configuration management domain-specific language
• Research and develop competencies using service mesh architecture
• Provide operational support for Continuous Feedback and Event Analytics platform
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work
• 2+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Experience with software engineering, enterprise operations support, object-oriented programming, automation and consulting with internal customers.
• Experience in Python, Bash, node.js
• Cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security, and databases
• System administration skills, including orchestration of Linux and containers (Docker, kubernetes)