Senior Cloud Software Engineer
You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. Senior Cloud Engineers build platforms that teams can leverage to accelerate innovation in the areas of reliability, scalability, and velocity. Your mission includes creating efficiency and cultural transformation through the curation of new systems and capabilities.
• Leverage various technologies to improve feedback and delivery by deploying containerized systems and services in support of operational efficiencies, and work with teams to build self-supported, sustainable operational ecosystems.
• Coordinate and assist teams in building competencies with infrastructure using object-oriented programming and configuration management domain-specific language.
• Design and maintain software development and software operation toolchains.
• Collaborate with infrastructure, operations, and application support teams to adopt new approaches to their work as well as analyzing system performance and reliability, and making necessary recommendations.
• Write code to automate processes that meets customer needs.
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work
• 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Experience with software engineering, enterprise operations support, object oriented programming, automation, consulting with internal customers, cloud based enterprise-grade cloud systems management and full stack engineering.
• Ability to quickly learn technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Nginx, HAProxy, Elasticsearch, MariaDB, GoLang, and Python.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience is required