KinderMourn is a non-profit agency whose mission is to offer hope, support, and healing to grieving parents and children after an unthinkable loss. The Administrative Assistant plays an important role in providing organizational support to ensure the efficient operation of the KinderMourn office.
• Greets clients and visitors and provides a warm and supportive first impression of KinderMourn.
• Manages office supplies, mailings and errands.
• Responsible for office equipment and managing relationships with vendors and service providers.
• Helps maintain the KinderMourn Home.
Clerical – Specific to client management
• Schedules client appointments.
• Responsible for monthly attendance reports needed for client documentation and billing.
• Responsible for anniversary notes to bereaved families.
• Assists with client data entry as requested from counseling staff.
Clerical – Specific to Development office
• Performs data entry and record management, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Manage gift acknowledgments, ensuring timely and accurate recognition of all gifts.
• Creates reports/queries as needed to support the development team. Share regular and timely reports about giving trends and opportunities.
• Responsible for bank deposits.
• Works in conjunction with finance to ensure daily, monthly, and annual reconciliation between donor and financial database system.
• Participates in the implementation of annual events: Hope Floats Duck Race, Tee Off for Hope Golf Classic, and Healing Hearts donor event.
• Works with development and program staff to develop and coordinate KinderMourn volunteer program.
• Provides volunteer recognition and appreciation.
• Coordinates United Way campaign request for Speakers and Agency fairs.
• Coordinates Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings, and other leadership functions as requested.
• Supports agency third party events, marketing/fundraising events, and volunteer efforts.
• Attends staff meetings/trainings and other meetings as required.
An ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience in the field, excellent spoken and written communication skills, Microsoft Office competency, commitment to the highest standards of professionalism, and an understanding of the KinderMourn mission. Interest and knowledge of special event planning is a plus.
Attention to detail, excellent follow-through, and ability to prioritize workflow is a must. Work schedule may occasionally include evenings and weekends.
Must have own transportation, ability to climb stairs, and lift parcels up to 25 pounds.
Email a resume and description of why you are interested in working at KinderMourn to email@example.com.