Software Engineer – Java REST API
Take a key role in the development of best-in-breed financial applications aimed at providing consumers leading-edge tools to maintain their financial life. Candidates primary work responsibility would be to create REST full Java APIs for rendering the data to front end.
• Work as a technical expert with product, analysts, programmers, and other team members to develop technical solutions to complex business problems.
• Responsible for complex program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
• Recommend improvements to existing software programs.
• Publishing builds through pipeline to deploy code to AWS.
• Instruct, direct, and quality assure the work of other developers and analysts.
• Gather client requirements, analyze, design, and create complex application solutions.
• Prepare detailed specifications from which complex programs will be written.
• Adhere to J2EE design principles.
• Brainstorming new features and ability to train the team on the same.
• Provide application support including complex problem research, analysis, resolution, and on-call
• Closely work with IOS and Android front end developers for designing API requirements.
• Co-ordinate with other core component teams to integrate REST APIs with backend core components.
• Core Java/Spring: 4+ years
• Strong Java/J2EE skills with hands-on experience in designing and developing REST-based microservices in AWS (EC2, SQS, and S3).
• Working experience with Configuration management principles and tools, particularly GitLab, Maven, Gradle.
• Hands on experience on Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline creation & maintenance.
• Experience with one or more Database from dev perspective (DB2, MySQL). PL/SQL queries
• Micro Services architecture (Spring Boot and others)
• AWS environment: REST-based microservices in AWS (EC2, SQS, and S3), familiarity with ECS (EC2 Container Service), Elasticache, RDS.
• Knowledge of Agile software processes including Scrum and Kanban
• Good to have experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch or ELK stack.
• Past experience working in Financial industry is a plus.
• Any experience in support tools such as SOAP UI, WebScarab,
• Bachelors of Engineering / Computer Science
• Excellent communication skills
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law. Drug-Free Workplace.