AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
As a Solution Architect, you will be an integral member of the AvidXchange technology team, developing best-in-class advancements to our products. Accountable for partnering with key roles (e.g. product owners, system engineers, software engineers, architects of other disciplines, etc.) to craft solutions that are aligned to the architecture principles for AvidXchange’s suite of products and technical solutions.
• Collect information from different sources and integrate information to find creative technical solutions that meet business needs.
• Build, present, and document comprehensive architecture designs in a concise, yet thorough manner.
• Perform reviews and assessments of team deliverables to ensure adherence to architecture designs and standards.
• Understand, define, and communicate critical quality attributes or non-functional requirements at the solution level.
• Work with other architects to craft Architectural Proof-of-Concepts to determine the feasibility and technical risks of a proposed design.
• Investigate new technologies and stay abreast of industry developments and trends.
• Support Enterprise Architects in the creation, maintenance, and adoption of company technology standards.
• Analyze necessary functionality/features to figure out appropriate technologies (recommending new technologies as appropriate).
• Perform architecture reviews and assessments while working with business, technical or product teams to improve their existing solutions.
• Mentor and coach engineers; leading by example, providing hands-on technical expertise, helping foster creativity, and modeling AvidXchange’s core values.
• Investigate new solution compatibility with the existing environments
• Collaborate with other Architects and Technical Leads to ensure consistency across teams and improve technology reuse.
• Define high-level architecture, standard methodologies, and guidelines that balance short-term and long-term objectives in a practical manner
• Support Enterprise Architects in the establishment and adoption of company technology standards.
• Develop strategies for risk mitigation, including risks associated with unstable or un-scalable requirements.
• Lead Joint Architecture Design sessions to collaboratively design solutions
• Present solutions to the Architecture Review Board for review and approval
• Develop, define and contribute to Architecture & Technology Standards
• Build roadmaps for technical capabilities and contribute to technical capability backlogs that get executed by Engineering teams
• Collaborate closely with Product Owners to ensure execution of work aligns to roadmap and vision
• Frequently interact with internal customers of capabilities to gain insight and tailor capability roadmaps to meet the customers’ needs
• Lead adoption efforts and track adoption rates of technical capabilities
• Track customer satisfaction for technical capabilities and adjust roadmap as necessary to serve internal customers to the highest level
• Bachelor’s degree required and 10 + years of relevant engineering (including at least 5 years of experience with architecture)
• Strong working knowledge of most relevant systems and platforms, and expertise in at least 1 primary technology
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment (Scrum / Kanban, SAFe)
• Knowledge and skills surrounding Web and Public Cloud architectures
• Ability to apply models, tools, and methods;
• Ability to design and develop solutions;
• Ability to integrate solutions;
• Ability to design modular architectures, platform thinking, domain-driven design
• Relevant certification for the corresponding architecture discipline
• Knowledge and skills surrounding .NET platform (C#, etc..)
• Experience, knowledge, or skills in architecture modeling standards (C4, ArchiMate, UML, etc..)
• Experience, knowledge, or skills in Solution Architecture Options Analysis / Tradeoff Analysis (e.g., ATAM, SWOT).
• Excellent large-scale design and implementation skills with broad and deep experience in elastically scaling and resilient architectures
• Shows a deep understanding of information systems from a holistic perspective, key technologies, systems modelling, and enterprise frameworks.
• Knowledge and skills surrounding Azure-based Cloud architectures.
• Knowledge and skills surrounding .NET platform.
• Experience building/supporting distributed systems
• Experience designing system architectures for web-based financial systems
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Able to conduct proof of concepts, perform solution/technology evaluations and comparisons, give estimations, and provide architecture recommendations to product teams.
• Able to balance the long-term and short-term implications of architectural decisions.
• Able to work independently and prioritize work.
• Ability to coach, delegate, and develop junior architects and engineers
• Ability to communicate at different levels (engineer up to leadership)
• Ability to influence and solve conflicts
• Conceptual and creative thinking
• Enterprise and strategic level thinking