Passport is transforming mobility management for cities, empowering them to create more livable and equitable communities. Passport’s mobility platform enables clients to digitally coordinate all modes of transportation and implement real-time, data-centric management of their curbside and streetspace through its enterprise software. Trusted by nearly 1,000 cities, universities, and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, London, Los Angeles, and Miami, Passport is one of the fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists. Passport is backed by Rho Capital Partners, H.I.G. Growth Partners, ThornTree Capital Partners, Bain Capital Ventures, Grotech Ventures, MK Capital, and Relevance Capital. For more information, visit passportinc.com.
As a Product Owner at Passport, you will help drive the technical, operational, and financial success of Passport’s products, including Parking, Mobile Payment, Digital Permits, Mobile Ticketing, and Citation Management. You will work with Product Managers and the other teams (e.g. Engineering, Sales, Design, etc.) to translate the product vision and strategy into business requirements that allow the Engineering team to build even better products for our clients.
• Own success and failure of delivering business objectives within the span of Product responsibility based on Product strategic objectives
• Translate Product vision and strategy into day to day execution and prioritization of work within the span of Product responsibility
• The main point of contact and liaison between Engineering and the business – providing business context and guidance in delivering software
• Assist in the definition, scoping, and development of new product features and enhancements within your Product span of responsibility. This includes collaboration with Product Managers, Design and Engineering.
• Develop a keen understanding of Product strategy that informs prioritization decisions and the backlog of work.
• Point of contact for acceptance or rejection of software delivery from Engineering during demos based on acceptance criteria for that piece of work.
• Analyze transactional data, app metrics, and ancillary data streams related to Product performance in order to develop new insights and inform product direction
• Track, triage, and help resolve defects and bugs. Advise on interim operational solutions with Product Support and Engineering.
• Responsible for enablement of the broader organization upon delivery of new functionality by writing detailed Product documentation that informs training materials, marketing strategies, and sales collateral
• Work with the Product Managers to perform and report on competitive analyses. Stay abreast of market dynamics, and suggest ideas for consideration in future development efforts.
• Source of truth and point of intake for internal and external requests related to your Product with authority to prioritize this work based on Product strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• At least 2 years of experience in analytics, software or business required
• Experience with a growing technology or SaaS company preferred
• Background in working with collaborative, cross-functional teams preferred
• Proven ability to translate between technical and non-technical language with engineering and technical teams preferred
• Client facing experience preferred
• Experience with JIRA or similar enterprise development tools is a plus
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to travel up to 20% travel
• You are fascinated by how things work. You blend technical ability with business acumen. While you are not necessarily a developer, you may have tinkered and are familiar with development methodologies. You understand the connection between financial drivers and end-user metrics. You are effective at connecting long-term vision to near-term objectives.
• You are detail-oriented, organized. Nothing slips through the cracks when you’re running a project. You measure everything. You are inquisitive, yet you know how to listen and incorporate new knowledge into the product strategy. You know how to work collaboratively across teams in order to produce the strongest outputs. Above all else, you are also an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you understand how to effectively convey ideas to various stakeholders across the organization and in the market.
• You read the books, you’ve followed the blogs, and as someone committed to continual improvement, you’re excited to improve the overall practice of product management at Passport as much as supporting the product lines themselves.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.