Database Senior Engineer
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at the forefront of America’s diversified financial services companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable, secure, scalable, and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo global customers ‘round-the-clock’ banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company’s customer and employee experience, business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Database Engineer to develop and support Cyber Security projects/databases within Wells Fargo Information and Cyber Security.
The successful candidate for the position will have a strong background in working in a data-driven environment and supporting fast-paced agile development. The candidate should have good technical background working in Big Data ecosystem and ability to do data analysis and database support for applications. The candidate should also be willing to learn and flexible to changing technology.
• Performs the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization’s server-class databases.
• Consults with and advises senior management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues, influencing strategic direction.
• Handles and leads various large-scale or highly complex data/database management activities including one or more of the following: designing highly complex logical and/or physical databases; leading highly complex data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts; developing management policies, procedures and standards; and business requirements identification, analysis and development.
• Provides mentoring and guidance and to less experienced staff in a variety of database design, administration and/or modeling activities.
• Leads complex projects.
• Designs and certifies next-generation database technologies related to Oracle 18 and 19C, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, AWS RedShift, MongoDB, CouchBase, Vertica etc.
• Designs and implements foolproof security solutions (including CIS benchmarks) and auditing. Interacts with customers (internal / external) to meet process deliverables.
• Provides technical leadership and recommendations into the future direction of database technology.
• Mentors and trains DBA operations team in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of databases.
• Provides knowledge transfer on a regular basis.
• Develops best practices and enforce these standards across the team.
• 7+ years of database (DB) technologies experience
• 3+ years of Logical + Physical Data Modeling experience
• 7+ years of experience in software development
• 4+ years of experience leading the requirement design process with both technical and business partners
• 3+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
• 3+ years of Hadoop experience
• 5+ years of MS SQL server experience
• Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools
• Strong technical and task/timeline-oriented skills
• Experience implementing new technologies
• Experience managing one or more industry-standard development tools or scripting languages
• Experience with large data sets, transactional platforms, or a combination of both
• Experience with Spark, Hive and Kafka
• Java or Python experience
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Data modeling experience
• Experience designing and developing learning for complex technology systems and processes including Agile development methodology environments
• Strong research and documentation skills
• Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
• Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Ability to take an active role in the education, mentoring and training of less experienced team members
• Experience managing complex projects in a large enterprise environment
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to think creatively to find innovative solutions to complex analytical questions
• 2+ years of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
• 2+ years of .net experience
• Information security experience
• Experience with dashboard and interactive report development (Chronograf, Grafana, Keen, Tableau, or similar)
• Willingness to learn and improve skills
• Experience with search (ElasticSearch, Lucene, or similar)
• Understanding of Big Data Modeling and Analytics
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
• Ability to work additional hours as needed
• Ability to work outside of regular business hours