Coordinator of Housing Operations
Pi Kappa Phi Properties, the national housing corporation of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity, is a professional real estate asset management corporation, specializing in providing real estate services to Pi Kappa Phi chapters and affiliated organizations.
The Mission of Pi Kappa Phi Properties is to help Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity chapters acquire, construct, improve, finance, or manage housing that is competitive on their respective campuses.
The Coordinator of Housing Operations “CHO” is primarily responsible for providing administrative and property management related support to the team.
The CHO is directly supervised by the Director of Occupancy Management, provides support services for undergraduate chapters as well as the Asset& Property Management teams, and has responsibility for collaboration and communication within other areas of Pi Kappa Phi Properties operations.
• Develop and execute a successful collection strategy for resident and guarantor contact information.
• Update email addresses from undeliverable responses from students and primary mailing addresses in Rent Manager.
• Verify all resident and guarantor contact information is collected during the move-in process.
• Gather and update all new associate member contact information.
• Work with Coordinator of Leasing & Marketing to ensure that move-in information, accounts receivable correspondence, and move-out survey responses are captured, analyzed, and communicated with other team members.
• Manage the resident work order and tenant damage reporting systems.
• Assist with the parent data and information collection strategy.
• Update permanent files, digital files, and archived files when applicable.
• Serve as the primary telephone receptionist and operator for Pi Kappa Phi Properties; answer questions and transfer inbound phone calls appropriately.
• Provide customer service to executive headquarters staff, national volunteers, residents, members, parents, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
• Collect weekly inspection reports from local House Directors and Facility Managers on Rent Manager; follow-up on outstanding reports from local contacts.
• Analyze inspection reports for service issue requests, damage documentation, and fire, health & safety needs and alert the appropriate staff parties and input relevant data in Rent Manager.
• Assist the Occupancy Management team and Director of Occupancy Management with student resident accounts receivables.
• Serve on various staff teams as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned
• Screen phone calls, manage calendars, assist with making travel, meeting, and event arrangements.
• Handle special administrative projects and overflow work as assigned.
• Assist Occupancy Management, Asset Management, and Property Management teams by fielding student and parent-level questions, concerns, and requests regarding payments, logistics, travel arrangements, expectations, etc. for member tenancy.
• Provide event planning and administrative support for conferences, conventions, volunteer trainings, student workshops, and other events hosted by the national organization and/or Pi Kappa Phi Properties.
• Assist with volunteer reimbursement requests and expense reports in coordination with appropriate director-level staff.
• Two years of related work experience
• Critical thinking, planning and organizing, administrative, and leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) with demonstrated effectiveness in interacting with individuals of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
• Ability to work both; independently, and at times, in a highly collaborative team environment
• Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
• Experience managing different size projects while adhering to critical deadlines
• Attention to detail, specific to transcribing information and data entry
• Capacity to promote and maintain good constituent relationships by troubleshooting, researching, or handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism
• Ability to perform regular light work (involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds)
• Associate or bachelor’s degree
• Experience with Rent Manager software, or similar property management platform
• Professional experience in student or multi-family housing
• Fraternity/sorority life experience (through membership or professional experience)
• Experience with information management and data acquisition
• Experience as an administrative professional in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in a customer service position or role
• Exhibit an adaptable and flexible comportment during high work-load times and/or when approaching deadlines
The Coordinator of Housing Operations will receive a salary commensurate with experience. Additionally, Pi Kappa Phi Properties, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, including: group health, dental, vision, and disability coverage; annual flexible spending plan; 401(k) plan availability; and paid time off and holiday leave.