Founded in 1972, Metrolina Builders is a Charlotte-based, privately held family business, providing commercial construction and design-build services to private sector clients throughout the Carolinas. Named as one of the Top General Contractors in Charlotte and a Fast 50 award winner, our sustained growth has created a fantastic opportunity for a talented and motivated finance individual to become an integral and trusted member of our team. This individual will have an immediate impact and will play a pivotal role in taking ownership of reshaping our finance/accounting department, processes, procedures, and controls, while overseeing all aspects of company finance. The Accounting Manager/Controller will collaborate with the Management Team and report directly to the President and Chairman of the company.
As Accounting Manager/Controller, you will manage all company finance and accounting functions, monitor the company’s financial status, review quarterly/annual budgets, accounting transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and manage company insurance and benefits.
• Excellence – we will provide outstanding results.
• Passion – we are driven to be great and love what we do.
• Integrity – we will always conduct ourselves with honesty, fairness, and respect.
• Collaboration – we are best when we work as a team and will do great things together.
• Is a visionary – someone that can see the big picture in terms of where we want to go and what it takes to get us there.
• Is driven to always seek new ways to do things, find areas to improve, and always strives for better results.
• Has proven experience and strong performance in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, job cost, internal control, and process improvement.
• Can proactively help develop and build the right accounting, financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting functions to meet our current and future company needs.
• Has been loyal to a company and has strong stability and longevity on their resume.
• Embodies the highest standards for integrity, honesty, and trust.
• Experienced in the construction industry finance and familiar with job cost accounting and construction accounting software platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA preferred, but not required.