Individual Giving and Donor Stewardship Manager
Freedom School Partners is a nonprofit organization with the mission to promote the long-term success of children by preventing summer learning loss through igniting a passion for reading and inspiring a love of learning.
The Freedom School Partners (FSP) Individual Giving and Donor Stewardship Manager works as a member of the Development Team to support the individual giving and major gift strategies of Freedom School Partners. Primary responsibilities are a combination of major gift/donor stewardship, annual giving and development office support.
Individual Giving/Major Gifts/Donor Stewardship
• Identify, cultivate, and steward individual donor relationships.
• Maintain a major gifts portfolio and regularly solicit major gifts.
• Strategically manage donor relationships and frequently meet with individual donors.
• Prioritize donor engagement and maintain FSP’s excellent donor stewardship practices through emails, handwritten thank you notes, phone calls, donor meetings, etc.
• Lead and grow the Scholar Society, FSP’s Major Giving Society (gifts of $1,500+).
• Plan and execute the Scholar Society Reception and assist with the planning and execution of other development-related events.
• Support and manage the CEO’s stewardship and solicitation of donors.
• Leading up to and during the summer months, plan events for donors during Freedom School, communicate all dates with donors through many different channels, help write content for email communications throughout the summer for Major Donors from the CEO, meet donors at Freedom School sites.
• Support launch of FSP’s Endowment and manage future Endowment campaign efforts.
• Bolster FSP’s planned giving society and incorporate legacy giving and solicitations into donor cultivation plans.
• Manage FSP’s Direct Mail Campaigns, including but not limited to the fall and spring appeal solicitations.
• Support FSP’s annual Board Campaign.
• With the Marketing and Communications Manager, implement the annual Giving Tuesday Campaign and end of year e-communications.
Development Office Support
• Manage donor records, enter notes and actions from CEO, prepare reports and analyze data.
• Support the Director of Development as it relates to fundraising activities, donor cultivation, donor stewardship and donor solicitation.
• Support the Director of Development in managing the Development Committee.
• Support the Director of Development in the planning and execution of annual fundraising events.
• Support special projects and specific campaign efforts, as needed.
• Additional staff support, as needed, to benefit FSP and expand its’ mission.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years development related experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with a Cloud-based platform, i.e. SharePoint or OneDrive
• Prior experience with The Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Professional demeanor and team player
• Highly motivated and willing to support organizational needs beyond primary responsibilities
• Commitment to CDF Freedom Schools®
• Valid ID and reliable transportation
• Satisfactory drug test and satisfactory background check for criminal and child protective findings
Compensation and benefits:
• Competitive Salary ($45,000-$50,000)
• Full-Time (40 hrs./wk.; position may include occasional evenings and weekends)
• 10 vacation days earned after 90 days of successful employment (prorated to start of calendar year); additional days earned after 2 years of employment
• 9 paid holidays (defined annually) and 2 floating holidays
• 10 sick or personal leave days per calendar year
• Individual health, life and AD&D insurance coverage through organization’s policies, premiums paid in full
• Option to participate in flex benefit plans (FSA and DCA)
• Option to participate in SIMPLE IRA plan, in which FSP matches employee contributions up to 3%