We know, we know. When you think mortgage you don’t necessarily think fun. Or cool. But we promise we do things a little differently at Movement Mortgage. We’ve got an in-house agency featuring content creators, video producers, copywriters and graphic designers. A global tech partner bringing new tools and solutions to life each day. And a guy who walks around with a giant mascot head cheering all of us on.
More importantly, we ideate, do, solve, make, create, ALL of it for one purpose – to help our mortgage loan officers do more business so our company can build more schools. We give away most of our profits. To build schools, health clinics, not-for-profit co-working spaces, affordable housing and more in communities across not just Charlotte and the U.S., but in countries like Uganda and Guatemala too. At Movement, it’s about more than mortgages. It always has been.
Movement Mortgage is seeking a talented and motivated Creative Director to lead the company’s creative department, including graphic and digital design, video, photo, and social media content creation. The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to maximize the talents of their team.
He/She will ensure everything the marketing department produces is reflective of Movement’s values, mission, and brand. The successful candidate will need to grow to have a deep understanding of Movement’s culture, vision, and goals, and be an advocate for what the company is trying to achieve not only through the mortgage process, but in under-served communities through the Movement Foundation as well.
The Creative Director will work closely with his/her team to deliver engaging content that meets the expectations of Movement’s customers – both internally (loan officers and sales leaders) and externally (borrowers). The successful candidate will be extremely creative, dedicated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Structure the creative team in a way that encourages collaboration and growth
• Define a creative process that aligns with business objectives
• Initiate and design complex and simple marketing plans based on internal needs and targeted customer segments
• Ensure that each project has the specific financial and personnel resources it requires to be successful
• Work closely with loan officers and sales leadership to understand the creative and business angles of each marketing program
• Work with the executive team to implement marketing materials for the company to gain market share with borrowers, recruits and business partners
• Collaborate with design, video and other creators to produce new ideas for company branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications
• Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing techniques
• Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions
• Work closely with Art Director(s) to create procedures to ensure all products are brand-appropriate
• Supervise the department’s daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets
• Act as a selfless leader who advocates for his/her team and department (servant leadership)
• Clearly define roles and responsibilities while supporting team leads with clear direction and feedback
• Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism, and other relevant fields
• 5+ years’ experience in a marketing leadership role
• A minimum of 5 years’ digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to web, social, and emerging technologies
• Experience managing teams in an agency setting is preferred
• Proven success in managing marketing teams
• Has set direction for and has led on-set production of video-, photo- and audio-driven creative
• Portfolio of previous work that displays an ability to turn an idea into a visual piece
• Strong communication and computer skills
• A solid understanding of design, copy, and web practices
• Have an in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
• Comprehensive knowledge of the marketing design process
• Must be a creative and strategic thinker