Chief Program Officer
Charlotte Rescue Mission is seeking to fill the position of Chief Program Officer. The successful candidate will oversee the Mission’s Christian residential drug and alcohol recovery programs. A strong understanding of the disease concept of addiction and the application of Christian principles to that concept is required.
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) is a key member of the leadership team and will report to the President/CEO. The individual will provide leadership to CRM programs and program staff and includes researching, planning, developing, and implementing the organization’s program services and is responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. The individual must have a clear understanding of the disease concept of addiction and biblical principles that tie both together.
This position interacts regularly with the President/CEO, the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Development Officer, and Chief Operating Officer who are responsible for the overall operation of CRM.
• Manages and directs the programs of Rebound, Dove’s Nest, Café clinical operations, offsite extension housing facilities including the Rebound Recovery Residence.
• Administrative and supervisory activities of all programs. This will include, as a minimum, supervision of: Rebound and Rebound Recovery Residence; Dove’s Nest and extension homes including Brewton Ave, Harwyn Dr., etc.; Community Matters Café clinical operations; Holiday meals (Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter); Annual Thanksgiving turkey drive.
• Ensure that each program meets the changing needs of the participants and guests that they serve; will maintain immediate community relationships in the attempt to be “good neighbors”; and will coordinate with the CRM Operations team, as their “internal customer,” for issues relating to facility needs, kitchen equipment, facilities.
• Continued development of all Programs as well as the evaluation of all Programs, Program Policy and Procedure effectiveness.
• Ensures the best clinical standards and practices are always being followed.
• Direct supervision of Rebound Program Director, Dove’s Nest Program Director, and Café clinical services counselor
• Provides direct supervision of the Outcome Measures and Reporting Coordinator
• Ensures that data is properly entered into client data system
• Ensures that outcomes measures are being tracked properly
• Quarterly evaluation of data for accuracy.
• Work with program directors to ensure each resident is receiving the best possible care:
• Manage programs to ensure program integrity and accountability
• Work with Operations, Administration, and Development such that we function as one team to achieve our overall objectives of organizational excellence
• Represent CRM both externally through speaking engagements as well as internally to volunteer groups
• Represent CRM interests in partnership with Operations to negotiate contracts for leases
• Stay current on trends and constantly work to improve the service delivery model
• Assemble program into a format that can be copyrighted and shared with other organizations
• Manage budget expenses within approved limits
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Rogue/RA-090-Concert-Acoustic-Guitar.gcWork across department lines, especially Development to communicate the life-transforming work.
• Collaborate to ensure that community engagement (volunteers, donations, etc.) is integrated into the program delivery model.
• In conjunction with CFO prepare (with input of senior managers and program staff) a program budget based on monies available and submit for CEO approval.
• Appropriate verbal, written, and public speaking skills
• Able to respond appropriately to unfolding situations
• Able to manage and motivate staff
• Able to integrate counseling and theology in practice
• Able to plan, teach, manage crisis, and delegate
• Able to effectively write and implement policy and procedure
• Strong understanding of the disease concept of addiction while applying biblical principles to recovery.
• Exceptional leadership skills
• Strong managerial skills: planning, organizing, implementing, and supervising.
• General knowledge of financial management.
• Ability to quickly respond to emergencies
• Minimum of a BA or BS in Addiction Counseling, Social Work or related field
• Master’s degree is preferred
• Knowledge of counseling theory and practice related to substance abuse and mental health
• Knowledge of the Twelve-Core Functions and the practical application of Christian theology
• Five years in addiction treatment and five years supervisory experience.
• Experience in program management and clinical substance abuse counseling with the application of Christian principles using the disease concept of addiction.
• Five years of supervisory experience in a program or clinical setting
• Experience in logic models for programs
• Ability to represent CRM to churches, civic clubs and groups
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
• Effectively communicate CRM’s mission to potential donors and other important constituents
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule as determined by job expectations including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Other duties assigned by President/CEO.