Human Resources Business Partner
The HRBP is responsible for employee engagement and retention by supporting successful workforce programs in a designated geographic area of the business. The position develops and maintains partnerships across the business to deliver value-added services to team members in support of organizational objectives.
• Performance Management: Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to employees. Works closely with management and employees to improve working relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention. Works with HR Manager to update performance management programs as necessary.
• Employee Engagement: Conducts employee opinion surveys, focus groups, and action plans. Recommends employee engagement programs and initiatives.
• Employee Relations: Oversees relations matters including conducting effective, thorough workplace investigations and corrective actions. Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
• Legal Compliance: Maintains in-depth knowledge of employment law and legal requirements related to day-to-day HR management. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation. Provides unemployment compensation information and represents geographic region at hearings. Makes recommendations for Handbook edits and develops new policies and workflows.
• Workforce Planning/Alignment: Provides guidance and input on business restructures, workforce planning, organizational design/effectiveness, and succession planning.
• Learning/Development: Facilitates career path implementation/success and leads evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Identifies opportunities to create position curriculums to develop internal talent. Performs gap analysis and develops individual training plans.
• Onboarding: Develops effective onboarding programs for new team members, evaluates effectiveness of same, and adjusts as necessary. Conducts new hire orientation in rotation with other HR team members.
• HR Reporting/Analysis: Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs, and policies. Conducts exit interviews, reviews trends/opportunities, and implements improvement measures.
• Ability to work on-site and travel between locations with predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance and ability to concentrate, multi-task, and work at a high pace while delivering proven results.
• The above listing is representative of the position. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Master’s degree in HRM preferred. Bachelor’s degree with 4-8 years’ experience in a Human Resources role in numerous industries and HR certification (SHRM or HRCI) is required.
• Experience with effectively onboarding greater than 150 new hires annually over a number of years is preferred.
• Experience and proven competency in change management and supporting change within the HR Department and across the organization is required.
• Proven success in developing programs in multiple human resources disciplines that drove improved performance, engagement, and retention including organizational diagnosis, development/implementation of policies, systems, procedures.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills and interpersonal/customer service skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, and policies. Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results.
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to workforce management.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS.