Director of Communications
The Director of Communications will create an overall organizational communication strategy for First Presbyterian Church (FPC) in support of the church’s vision and mission. This involves collaborating with ministry team leaders to establish integrated communication plans that support each ministry area.
• Develop and implement communication strategies for the dissemination of information both internal and external to FPC.
• Establish and maintain quality standards for all FPC communications including, but not limited to: publications, mailings, online presence, signage, and press releases.
• Provide generation and/or oversight of the design, development, and production of printed and electronic publications for general distribution among congregation (to include editing worship bulletins, announcements, newsletters, and website material).
• Educate and proactively provide consultative and technical resources to staff and lay volunteers about options for communication of various content, events, and activities.
• Collaborate with ministry team leaders in the implementation of communication plans that include duties, timelines, and deadlines for program events and activities.
• Establish and maintain media contacts to promote community awareness of FPC events. Prepare press releases as warranted. Respond to inquiries from external media.
• Provide oversight and coordination of internally disseminated communications.
• Provide oversight to include development and editing of congregation-wide or large segment mailings; consult on content as warranted.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with colleagues and with denominational offices as well as neighboring churches.
• Participate in the annual budget process; provide recommendations for the communications budget in conjunction with the Communications Committee.
• Operate within the parameters of annual budget.
• Other duties as assigned by the Administrator
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media, or related field of study along with five years of progressively responsible experience providing direction and support in the development, design, and production of various communication components
• Demonstrated computer skills particularly in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, database, Internet, and desktop publishing applications
• Demonstrated competence with graphic design, layout, and planning production
• Proficient in web-site design and development
• Proficient in the generation of a variety of newsletters, flyers, electronic communications, press releases, as well as other types of communication.
• Ability to organize and initiate work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and adapt production timelines to changing conditions.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to assess needs and produce results.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to effectively communicate through verbal, written, or electronic means.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to read, interpret and analyze complex documents.
• Ability to prepare budgets and use financial statements.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org