Head of Software Development
The Office of OneIT provides highly reliable information technology infrastructure, tools, and services to empower the University to achieve its academic, research, administrative, and service goals.
This position is responsible to support the full software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, verification, maintenance) of the Library as it seeks to draw the Library’s digital presence into ever greater alignment with the campus research and teaching needs and with University IT strategic planning.
The Head of Software Development is responsible to lead, plan, and organize the work assignments of the software development team. This position ensures that the software development team is using and applying sound project management and time management methodologies to their work.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Experience in Software and Web Development using PHP, Angular, React, Java, XML, XSL, CSS, and HTML
• Experience with Drupal Content Management System
• Experience with modern database design and Structured Query Language
• Experience with Tier 1 & Tier 2 Storage Arrays
• Experience with mobile application development
• Experience with MARC records and systems
• Experience with Big Data and Learning Analytics
• Experience with building and maintaining Institutional Repositories
• Experience in Linux System Administration, Server Virtualization, Storage, and Back-ups
• Demonstrated organizational skills in planning, prioritizing, and achieving goals