At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make lives better by connecting our internal users with the tools and resources they need to be successful. Our UX Design team includes a wide skill set including strategic, interaction, visual design and research with a core team who are constantly iterating, problem solving, and collaborating to create experiences that will help our users do their best work in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
As a UX designer, you should have experience designing complex transactional systems into intuitive and valuable products. UxDs need to be excellent analytical and conceptual thinkers that translate user needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into innovative design. This position requires a strong foundation in user centered design methods and the ability to communicate design decisions effectively to senior stakeholders and team members alike. UxDs are involved in all aspects of the design process from context-based research and presenting to internal clients. Success depends on close collaboration and partnerships with end-users and subject matter experts, as well as product and technology counterparts. This position is for a thoughtful designer with a passion for making complex data and workflow problems simpler. This individual thrives in a highly collaborative and cross-disciplinary team environment.
• Help define product strategy and process working with other designers and technology partners to plan and design new features and own the overall quality of what being delivered.
• Create, implement, manage, and evangelize standards and best practices across all types of experiences.
• You will use your design skills to ensure that patterns are well rationalized and documented and that styles express our brand but are optimized for context and the technical platform that meet our ADA guidelines.
• You will work closely with technology and testing to find the right balance between reusable high-performance designs and customization that will have meaningful impact to our internal users.
• You will meet with users to learn and collect research data that will help deliver the right product to meet their needs.
• You will lead and participate in design meetings and critiques and provide feedback to teammates.
• Create wireframes and prototypes in both low and hi fidelity in Axure that follow best practices.
• 5+ years of design experience
• A strong portfolio that shows a commitment to user-centered design
• Experience building multiple UX components and asset libraries for cross-team use
• Experience in designing for mobile applications, responsive, and other digital interfaces
• Experience with Axure, Adobe Creative Suite and other design and management tools
• Experience with Agile, JIRA and/or Rally
• Thinks beyond one design solution and one technical platform, seeking smart reusability and variability
• Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results.
• Collaborates and builds trust with design, product, and tech partners
• Proactively seeks out partnerships
• Actively participates in design meetings and critiques, ensuring adherence to standards while keeping an eye out for improvements or reasonable exceptions
• Owns your schedule and delivers on time
• Embraces the opportunity to work in an office while collaborating with teammates and partners in other locations (not remote)
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related discipline
• Financial or similar industry experience
• Experience with of human-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints