The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The Marketing Coordinator at the Whitewater Center executes the communication of the Whitewater brand across a variety of platforms and functions. Balancing project management with broad-reaching communication initiatives, this position will oversee the planning, distribution, execution, and analysis of Whitewater’s various marketing campaigns. The Marketing Coordinator is a full-time, benefits-eligible position and reports to the Marketing Manager.
Development, research, and analysis
• Develop an ongoing and intimate knowledge of the outdoor industry and Whitewater experiences to ensure that all marketing efforts are aligned with the outdoor lifestyle and the Whitewater brand
• Proactively research and analyze opportunities for brand awareness across a variety of platforms to engage the organization’s target markets
• Create trackable and data-driven recaps and reports for all marketing efforts
• Gather and analyze data for reporting on consumer behavior data and identify key performance metrics
• Source, analyze, and recommend marketing opportunities across a variety of mediums to promote Whitewater’s programming, products, and services
• Assist in the planning and execution of marketing deliverables to ensure on-time execution and alignment with brand standards
• Drive the development and creation of various media assets used in marketing campaigns
• Coordinate and execute various distribution efforts for Whitewater’s marketing collateral
• Assist in copywriting, proofreading, and editing of written content
Digital asset management
• Collaborate within the organization to continually produce inspiring and relevant digital content.
• Update, maintain, and advance Whitewater’s websites, social media, e-commerce, and other digital platforms.
• Perform continuous analysis on Whitewater’s audience, including acquisitions and behaviors, across all platforms.
• Develop and manage organic and paid SEO/SEM strategies for Whitewater’s web properties.
• Develop and execute comprehensive e-mail campaigns to Whitewater constituents.
• Strategically plan, execute, and analyze the monthly social media calendar to align with Whitewater’s overarching goals and objectives and engage with Whitewater’s community of followers.
• Proactively research digital/social marketing trends across a variety of platforms to stay current with industry standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related discipline.
• 2+ years of relevant marketing experience.
• Intellectual curiosity and an aptitude for critical analysis.
• Efficient and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility in schedule for varied workweeks and programming coverage – nights, weekends, and holidays are required.
• Knowledge of social media platforms, HTML, CSS, WordPress, and the Adobe Creative Suite strongly preferred.
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off