Health and Wellness Manager
Are you an RN who is passionate about health & wellness education, helping the older adult, and thrives while working within a team? If yes, then The Ivey has the perfect job for you!
The Ivey® is Charlotte’s ONLY memory wellness day center devoted to serving individuals living with memory loss and their caregivers through programs, both onsite and virtual, designed to optimize brain health, promote memory wellness through health education and oversight, social engagement and respite for the whole family. Despite the challenges during this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, The Ivey remains steadfast, strictly following expert safety precautions, and is expanding its staff!
As the RN/Wellness Manager, you are passionate about the health and wellness of the older adult living with memory loss, cognitive challenges, and early dementia. Reporting to the CEO, you will work in our Onsite Club, conveniently located in the Southpark area of Charlotte, NC coordinating and managing the overall health, wellness, engagement, and quality of life of our daily attending members. Enthusiastic about health and wellness education, you are able to create, lead, and participate in this area for both our family caregivers and the community. Strong attention to detail, kind, and supportive, you are also very positive, extroverted, energetic, motivated, and adaptable! Very flexible and comfortable helping in areas outside your role, you enjoy working in a team. Compassionate and direct, you love working with families by building relationships while frequently reporting on changes in their loved one’s health or care plan and making recommendations that create a higher quality of life for the whole family.
Comfortable with computers, you are proficient in Office 365 products and quick to learn other software programs needed to perform the job, such as ZOOM or Microsoft Teams. Skilled, efficient performance in administrative tasks and support of specific safety precautions and actions is also necessary. While onsite, during the COVID-19 pandemic, this position requires the wearing of a mask at all times as well as team participation in sanitizing areas that have been touched and utilized during the day.
• Licensure: Registered Nurse in North Carolina
• Education: College degree or equivalent experience required
• Competencies and Skills: Positive energy, calm under pressure, kind and supportive, compassionate, extroverted, energetic, motivated, and adaptable. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and quick to learn other software programs needed to perform the job, such as ZOOM or Microsoft Teams.
• Professional with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Enthusiasm, problem-solving, and critical thinking a must.
Compensation and benefits:
• Competitive rate
• Medical insurance – 50% paid employee premiums, family plans also available
• Dental and Vision insurance available
• Paid Time Off – accrues monthly based on hours worked up to 2 weeks in first year; COVID-19 pandemic may have different requirements; 7 paid holidays plus 3 floating holidays