Artisan Beverage Group is a family-owned and operated beverage distributor representing industry-leading brands across the state of North Carolina. Our reputation as an industry expert-led, customer-focused, and product obsessed company continues to drive our growth.
The sales team is a major factor for our company’s success. This position allows for an independent and creative professional to develop and implement sales plans and strategies to expand distribution for the brands we represent. Our Account Sales Representatives present industry-leading beverage brands to customers while growing sales within new and existing retail channels.
• In-person account visits to cover a daily route via an established and efficient routing pattern. Analyze the account base by visiting each account and determining the specific needs of each individual customer. Utilize customer and account routing software to maximize time management. Prepare and execute professional sales presentations to customers by combining both the company’s priorities and customers’ needs. Understand company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by maintaining accurate and up to date records.
• Establish sales and merchandising objectives relative to brand for each account by understanding company priorities. Obtain distribution and volume goals of each supplier brand throughout the account base by presenting and selling based on the brand’s features and benefits.
• Understand competitive pricing and product programming on a monthly basis by reading Beverage Media and other trade-related publications. Target new customers within assigned territory and maintain a customer buying target number on a monthly basis and brands per customer objectives.
• Facilitate the entire sales process as an industry expert.
• High level of professionalism and experience working with well-organized sales-
• At least 2 years of experience in wholesale or supplier beverage sales, beer and wine
experience is preferred
• 4-year College Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Familiarity with Encompass software a plus
• Must have business acumen and keen negotiating skills
• Considered a “closer” and can provide evidence to support direct sales achievements
• Must have high-level communication abilities
• Must have valid drivers license and a clean driving record