Social Media Content Creator
We are looking for a talented social media content creator to oversee social content for agency clients. In this position, the social media content creator will be responsible primarily for developing original content in the form of videos, photos and copy across multiple social platforms.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to understand brands and brand strategy to recognize opportunities and offer content suggestions and thinking about opportunities beyond just individual posts. Interest in or ability to monitor community feedback, participate in strategy development, etc., a plus.
We are basically looking for someone who loves social media, stays up to date with channel developments/changes, new formats, innovations and trends, and is always looking for ways to improve the social media presence of the brands they create content for.
• Execute on strategy to create content for all social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) for multiple agency clients
• Learn about our clients and familiarize yourself with their brand, industry and competitive landscape
• Manage the brand image for all clients, so that their social media content is consistent with the rest of the advertising and marketing we develop
• Assist in creating monthly content calendars that identify strategic content and storytelling opportunities for each client
• Coordinate with internal teams to create all organic and paid content needed to fulfill these monthly content calendars–individual responsibilities of this position could include but are not limited to writing post copy, creating original visuals, shooting and editing photography or video content, creating animations, leveraging platform tools in stories to create polls/live Q&As/etc., and more.
• Monitor client channels daily and take ownership of community management. This includes cross platform monitoring, responding to direct messages and comments, escalating questions and complaints when necessary, and occasionally moderating live events. This may involve occasional untraditional hours (nights, weekends) as spot needs arise.
• Look for opportunities to expand the online presence for our clients and build their fan bases across social platforms
• Possibly monitor social media content and channels, and offer ways to optimize, expand or evolve social media efforts on behalf of a client
• Possibly engage in active social listening to identify trends, and monitor competitor activity, as well as influencer activity. Use these insights to identify new content opportunities for the client.
• Identify opportunities to create or expand online content on behalf of clients, including blog posts or feature articles that can be promoted on social media (ideally write and publish these articles as well)
• Assist with agency social media content and agency self promotion
• Assist with new business pitches
• The ability to create written and visual content, and experience with social media.
• Proactive and can work on multiple accounts and projects at once, is quick to embrace new challenges, and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
• Must also love at least two of the following: coffee, beer, dogs, and chocolate (not necessarily in that order).
• The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of full-time social media experience, with a preference given to those who have advertising agency experience. Please do not apply if you have never had a full-time job or related experience.
• Experience working in a team environment
• Basic graphic design background required–preferably experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Photography Experience
Compensation and benefits:
• Salary contingent on experience
• Excellent benefits
• Office COVID-precautions in place