Doc Porter’s will open its doors on Friday, November 6. This local, husband-and-wife distillery is located at 232 E. Peterson Drive (around the block from OMB). They’ll start off producing vodka only.
I popped into their facility around lunch time yesterday and loved chatting with founders Liz and Andrew Porter. They are an authentic couple with a passion for their craft and the Charlotte community. Here’s a deeper Agenda story Katie wrote on the couple.
I also had the opportunity to taste the vodka. Seriously delicious.
Fast facts on Doc Porter’s Distillery tours
- You can book a tour on Doc Porter’s website, right now. Tour sizes will be limited to 14 people because Andrew and Liz want to maintain an intimacy with the tour group. Book now (these are going to fill up quickly).
- Tour cost is $10. All tours include a tasting and a Doc Porter’s branded shot glass that you can keep.
- Tours are offered most Thursdays and Fridays at 6 p.m and Saturdays at 3 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. They last about 45 minutes and can be booked up to 90 days in advance.
- Those that go on the tour can purchase a bottle of their vodka for $29.95.
- Agenda Pro Tip: When you’re tasting the vodka, be cool and don’t take it like a shot. It’s meant to be tasted like you’d taste wine (smell, sip, etc). Doc Porter’s distilling process is entirely “grain to glass” which is a fancy way of saying, it’s made from scratch.
- Doc Porter’s will start off producing vodka only. In about six months, they’ll introduce gin. In a year or two, they’ll introduce whiskey (you can see the whiskey barrels in the photos below).
- Connect with Doc Porter’s: website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace.
Take a look around the distillery and tasting room