Business Analyst/Systems Administrator
GPS is a rapidly growing privately held company located in Charlotte, NC. We are the leading provider of innovative air purification devices designed to improve indoor air quality while reducing energy costs associated with commercial, residential, and industrial HVAC system operations. GPS manufactures patented air purification systems using needlepoint bipolar ionization, or NPBI®. The technology kills mold, bacteria, virus and controls odors and allergens in the space being served by the cooling and heating units. Learn more at www.globalplasmasolutions.com.
Global Plasma Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst/Systems Administrator. This is a new position that will support GPS’ anticipated growth as well as set the direction for continuing to tech-enable its products and processes. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the BA/SA will be responsible for all GPS systems and have responsibility for setting the technology direction to further tech-enable GPS’ products and processes. The position will be the first technology role hired at the company with the autonomy to build the department over time as business requirements grow and operations expand.
We will train you on the product line and the systems or processes required to perform the job. We will provide you with the tools and equipment you need to perform your job.
• Support and administer all in-house technology support systems – The BA/SA will be responsible for all in-house and customer-facing technology. This will include all on-premise enterprise software, cloud-based subscription services, and software, and desktop software. They will become an expert in each technology, administer the back end, ensure all systems speak/interface to one another, and ensure business and end-user needs are met.
• Identify business requirements and formulate the technology roadmap – The BA/SA will solicit feedback from in-house users and customers to establish the technology roadmap for the business. They will also be responsible for identifying and implementing technology solutions, and ensure such system grows with the business.
• Project Management – The BA/SA will be responsible for managing all IT-related projects. The selected individual will manage the people (internal employees as well as suppliers), the tasks, and ensure ultimate success of ongoing projects. The BA/SA will be held accountable to bring projects in on-time and on-budget.
• Help Desk / Break-Fix Support – The BA/SA will be responsible for supporting GPS’ employee technology needs. The selected individual will ensure individual needs are supported as hardware or software issues arise, and that employee needs are addressed expeditiously.
• Vendor Management – GPS contracts with various technology vendors including hardware, software, network, and IT service providers. The selected individual will be responsible for managing these relationships and negotiating advantageous partnerships to ensure the internal team is augmented with technology suppliers that can support and scale the business.
• Customer Satisfaction – Ensure that the GPS “spec reps” are “raving fans” of our product, service, and company. The BA/SA should have a proven track record of satisfied customers
• Quality – The BA will be responsible for delivering an exceptional level of quality in the eyes of our employees and customers. They will ensure that high-quality solutions are delivered and deployed internally and to our customers.
• Maintain organization for multiple projects – The BA/SA will be responsible for maintaining organization, meeting delivery timeframes, and multi-tasking across his/her assigned projects.
• Closer – The BA/SA must be a good “closer”, completing the final 5% of a project work to ensure each task or project is completed, scalable, and delivered with high quality.
• Industry expertise – The BA/SA should have a baseline understanding of the air filtration industry and a distribution business model. Having worked in the industry or worked as a service provider to the industry would be a plus but not a hard requirement for the position.
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and a “whatever it takes/get it done” mentality
• Enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment – roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
• Ability to be productive with little direction
• Strong customer-facing skills and experience
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
• Keen attention to detail
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
• 2-4 years in a technical role technology-enabling a business or customer(s)
• A BS degree in Business, MIS, or similar major
• Have or must be able to attain a U.S. Passport.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigations and drug screen.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Work at GPS location
• Competitive base compensation plus annual bonus
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401K Plan with company match
• Vacation and holiday pay
• Company provided computer
• All company travel expenses paid