Senior Project Manager – SAP
JELD-WEN (NYSE:JELD), founded in 1960, is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers, with more than 22,000 employees operating in 24 countries globally. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, JELD-WEN designs, produces, and distributes an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl, and aluminum windows and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodeling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
The Senior Project Manager will manage and control scope, secure resources, assess design issues, and report status to the program manager, client leadership, and sponsors for the global SAP S/4Hana program. This role will also drive cross-team coordination within the business and technical functions and anticipate and prepare for major cross-team integration points. They have responsibility for the successful completion and delivery of the projects assigned to them. He or she oversees project teams, workstreams, quality management, financial management, and the methods, standards, and guidelines for their assigned projects.
• Manage action items – includes identifying, prioritizing, assigning, monitoring, and controlling action items throughout all phases of the project
• Manage budget – Update actual project costs, compare them against the project’s planned budget, and define action items to manage significant variances
• Manage change requests – identify, manage, and facilitate change control decisions to client contract terms and/or project deliverables that have been signed off and placed under change control
• Manage decisions – manage day-to-day decisions on a project in and evaluate formal decisions with significant impact on project outcomes.
• Manage issues – identifying, prioritizing, assigning, monitoring, and closing issues through all project phases
• Manage project staff – changes to the project team as they roll on and off the project
• Manage project status- generate metrics needed for Project Status, deliver project status information and guidance to the project team,
• Manage risks – avoid, mitigate, or minimize their negative impacts on the project if realized
• Manage work plan – track progress and manage adjustments
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology or related field and 7 plus years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of three years of Project Management experience
• PMP required
• Experience with ERP program management required (SAP ECC 6 or S/4Hana, BI, BPC highly preferred)
• Working knowledge in Process Design and Information Technology
• Proven capability in Project Management, Change Management, Business Planning and Implementation, and Information Management
• Management of projects and participation in complex change programs a plus
• Strong leadership, motivational, and project delivery skills
• Committed to project success, and ability to work effectively with all levels of management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills