Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking passionate, high-performing team members to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
Brighthouse Financial Internal Audit will be laser-focused on addressing risks that could prevent us from achieving our insurgent mission and adding value with sound business advice.
The Brighthouse Financial Senior Auditor reports to Brighthouse Financial’s Internal Audit Leaders. The Senior Auditor is a key member of our team. They will provide assurance services focused on the top financial, operational, and product risks facing Brighthouse’s strategy, and will be engaged in advisory projects supporting Brighthouse’s mission.
The Senior Auditor is a leader who takes ownership, accountability, and pride in their work and the success of the team. The role will primarily be responsible for leading and assisting with audits of Brighthouse’s product and operational areas, but they must also be willing to learn and audit all areas of the company such as Finance, Accounting, IT, and Risk Management. The Senior Auditor will also assist with SOX testing. The successful candidate should have a good understanding of data analytics to provide insight and guidance to the team and management.
• Implement the Internal Audit department’s audit methodology, processes, reporting, and technology
• Work closely with audit managers and team members to develop the scope and approach for assigned audits to ensure we focus on the right risks and hold the business accountable to the appropriate level of risk mitigation
• Utilize experience and auditing skills to cover a broad range of risks, including finance, business, technology, and data
• Demonstrate a willingness to improve and increase knowledge by taking on new assignments and responsibilities in multiple areas
• Build relationships with business leaders and work with external audit teams, consultants, regulators as needed
• Intermediate-level understanding of Generally Accepted Audit Standards, IIA Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and GAAP, SEC, and statutory reporting; experience with financial services preferred
• Ability to understand and analyze data and risks to plan and execute an audit
• Commitment to teamwork and consultative work style
• Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presenting, listening and interviewing
• Strong project management skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MACC / MBA preferred
• 2+ years of auditing experience; Big Four preferred
• CPA or CPA candidate or equivalent designation
• Time Off: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
• Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, annual incentive plan, and employee stock purchase plan
• Family Focus: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
• Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
• Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
• Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability