Lead Maintenance Technician
Safe Alliance is seeking a Lead Maintenance Technician. The Lead Maintenance Technician supports the agency by providing hope and healing to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, child abuse, and emotional trauma by providing maintenance of the shelter. Work hours will vary and include evening and weekend work.
• Perform preventive building maintenance duties including but not limited to painting, wall repairs, installation of approved equipment, minor carpentry, and general maintenance.
• Turn units in a timely manner, so they are “made ready” for new clients to move in.
• Perform routine plumbing activities including but not limited to replace/repair toilets and faucets.
• Perform routine electrical repairs including but not limited to changing light bulbs, fluorescent lamps, ballast, receptacles, switches, fixtures, batteries, and troubleshooting.
• Assemble and move furniture, hang pictures, and bulletin boards.
• Maintain grounds and common areas, including lawns, flowerbeds, shrubbery, and parking area.
• Perform basic appliance repairs and preventive maintenance.
• Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and development activities as directed.
• Perform cleaning duties to keep the shelter neat and pleasant.
• Ability to work a rotating on-call/after-hour schedule for emergency maintenance needs.
• Perform other duties as directed by Shelter Operation Manager.
• Maintain accurate records.
• Keep client and staff workspaces clean and functioning.
• Maintain up to date inventory of needed supplies for staff and clients.
• Adhere to agency procedures concerning Documentation, Critical Incident Reports, and Client Satisfaction surveys and participate in the Quality Assurance process.
• Verify and print timecard in a timely manner.
• Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, twist, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• The worker is required to have the ability for close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, operate agency vehicle, and ability to adjust focus to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection), to determine accuracy and thoroughness of work assignment.
• Position requires ability to climb, reach, balance, stoop, stand, kneel, crouch, walk, stand, finger, grasp, lift, pull, push, grasp, sit, twist, talk, hear, and perform repeated motions. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system and exposed to infectious diseases.
• Employee must have a valid driver’s license and access to transportation that allows them to meet all job requirements in a timely fashion.
Education and experience
• Education; High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Experience; Minimum 5 years Maintenance Experience
• Basic understanding of commercial building and grounds mechanical operations including the ability to read and interpret building plans
• Basic skills and knowledge of machinery equipment and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of buildings
• Knowledge of janitorial supplies and cleaning
• Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards