Finance Department Specialist
Child Care Resources Inc. is a childcare non-profit/not-for-profit resource and referral agency. This position provides ongoing fiscal, budgetary, and operational support for the Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership (EHS-CCP) program. The position assists in the development and monitoring of the program budget, provides financial assistance for and oversight of the program’s child care partners, supports the program procurement and disbursement process, and is responsible for Head Start fiscal standards and reporting requirements.
This position will also cross-train on other general financial tasks to provide support and back-up for the agency’s Finance department.
This position is funded through an EHS-CCP grant. The grant funding is renewed on an annual basis and the position is dependent on the continuation of the grant funding.
• A bachelor’s degree with major coursework in business administration, public administration, finance, accounting, or a field related to the knowledge and abilities requirements of this classification, from an institution of higher learning accredited by a regional accreditation association as recognized by the Council for Higher Education.
• Two to three years of experience in accounting including in the areas of budgeting, general ledger, fixed assets, reconciliations, and procurement.
• Experience with federal grants and uniform guidance and knowledge Head Start regulations is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills.
• High degree of accuracy and continual attention to detail.
• Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines, ability to work well under pressure, and ability to manage multiple tasks and demands.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, good judgment, high ethical standards, and strong operational focus.
• Ability to work effectively with staff, parents, board members, contractors, oversight agencies, and the public.
• Experience and competencies in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel, and a demonstrated ability to gain computer skills in agency general ledger software.
• Must be able to pass a criminal record check with fingerprint clearance and drug screen.
• Willingness and ability to work evenings and/or extended hours to attend meetings and meet deadlines.
• Willingness and ability to travel to child care partner locations and special events.
• Valid driver’s license, auto liability coverage, and transportation.
CCRI offers a generous benefits package including health and retirement plans with an organizational match.