Director – Fulfillment & Logistics
Elements Brands is a world-class team of brand-builders, digital marketers, and logistics experts focused on building unique brands and products for customers. Since 2010, our team has launched, owned, and operated a portfolio of e-commerce consumer products brands – think Proctor & Gamble, but on the internet. Our focus is digital marketing, manufacturing expertise, and global-scale logistics. Our headquarters space is a 50k+ square foot Operations Hub located in the lower South End neighborhood of Charlotte, NC.
At Elements Brands, we have a startup feel, and a focus on collaboration, results, and learning fast. Recently named one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work and Fast 50, we are growing quickly (doubling revenue each of the past 5 years) and aim to accelerate that pace even further – the Director of Fulfillment and Logistics is critical to this plan. We are very excited to meet you!
The Director of Fulfillment & Logistics will lead all aspects of fulfillment, warehousing, and logistics for all brands in our portfolio. This includes overseeing direct-to-consumer fulfillment of 50,000 orders per month, with plans to scale to 500,000 orders per month in the next few years. We are looking for a senior leader who can lead this growth by implementing fulfillment best practices, designing KPIs, spearheading carrier relationships, developing a network plan, and analyzing costs and profitability. This role will be a key member of our Leadership Team.
It will be imperative that this person consistently identifies business opportunities, best practices and innovative process enhancements that will grow and scale Elements Brands. Must be an experienced leader of people and a data-driven decision-maker.
The ideal candidate for this role must have deep experience in e-commerce fulfillment, warehousing, and logistics. They will serve as the primary liaison between fulfillment/warehouse/logistics operations and the rest of the business. Hence, this role requires the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with marketing and sales, supply chain, and corporate development, as well as be a fantastic role-model for your own department. You must have the ability to lead and influence at all levels in the organization.
The Director of Fulfillment and Logistics will lead the development of our “in-house 3PL” that serves both our own captive brands as well as 3rd party clients. Experience in a leadership and management role at a 3rd party fulfillment company is a plus. It’s also a plus if you have experience supplying Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) and/or managing Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) in your own fulfillment center.
• Establish a robust set of KPIs for improvement as we work to support the business’ growing capacity, complexity, and demand, and held the team accountable to those KPIs.
• Redesign our fulfillment processes leading to tangible outcomes such as a doubling of outbound capacity and reduction in order cycle time.
• Lead and provide professional development coaching for the Warehouse Supervisor and other members of the Warehouse Operations team.
• Scope and approve capital improvements and investments in machinery, technology, and software such as conveyors, gum tape machines, carton sealers, and a new WMS system.
• Navigate rapidly evolving rules/protocols within the e-commerce industry due to COVID-19 (AMZ fulfillment speed, carrier rules, and delays, etc.)
• Work with our Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service teams to establish internal SLA’s that translate to customer guarantees and satisfaction scores.
• Establish our multi-channel international shipping protocol and strategy.
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team of internal and external stakeholders on acquisition evaluations.
• Present a strategic growth plan for our fulfillment and logistics function, with considerations for monetizing under-utilized assets, taking on 3rd party clients, domestic and global expansion, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in operations, logistics, supply chain, business or equivalent.
• At a minimum, 5-8 years of progressive operations, fulfillment, logistics, and warehouse management experience – we prefer a complex in-house operation.
• Experience in direct-to-consumer package fulfillment.
• Fluency in Microsoft Excel is a requirement – you must be an excel wizard.
• Experience with an ERP – NetSuite experience specifically is a plus but not required.
• The ability to communicate your analysis and recommendations in a simple yet effective manner.
• You must love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility.
• A desire to get your hands dirty in a growing company where your work matters.
• Competitive salary
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – fully paid employee premiums, family plans also available
• 401 K with 4% company matching
• Paid time off – 15 days plus 12 paid holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Elements Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.