McKinzie, Thompson, & Van Dyne PLLC has had a long and prosperous history in the Charlotte marketplace. The firm was founded in the 1950s and has prided itself on values such as competence, honesty, integrity, professionalism, responsibility, accountability, and dedication – values that have been critical to our continued growth and success. The firm’s partner group brings over 70 years of tax and accounting advisory experience to our clients. For more information, please visit our webpage.
• Review and manage client deliverables including tax returns, extensions, tax planning calculations, and write-‐up work for all entity types (C-‐Corp, S-‐Corp, Partnership, Individuals, Fiduciary).
• Review complex U.S. and multi-‐state income tax returns for business entities, including consolidated and non-‐ consolidated C-‐corporations, S-‐Corporations, Partnerships, and Fiduciary.
• Review complex U.S. and state individual income, gift tax, and estate tax returns.
• Prepare and review complex tax planning projections for individual and corporate estimated tax liability.
• Conduct complex tax research and prepare memorandum outlining findings and conclusions.
• Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquires, and tax notices. Communicate with IRS and clients in connection with audits, inquires, and tax notices.
• Delegate projects to staff that can handle them most efficiently and provide accounting and tax assistance to staff as needed.
• Communicate directly with existing clients, colleagues, management, and IRS representatives regarding various tax matters.
• Assist with business development efforts, including but not limited to, meeting with prospective clients, preparing fee quotes and proposals, and evaluating clients’ needs.
• Assist in knowledge of software, processes, and workflows.
• Assist with employee training for new hires and ongoing employee training.
• Engage in consulting and special projects as requested by Management and Clients.
• Takes direction and reports to the Partners of the tax department.
• CPA certification required
• Minimum of five years of experience preparing tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company.
• Minimum of two years reviewing tax returns with a public CPA firm or private company.
• Good oral and written communication
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and Adobe software
• Competitive Salary
• Health Insurance
• Retirement benefits
• Paid time off
• Paid holidays
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com