Social Media Content Marketing Specialist
Children’s Home Society of North Carolina (CHS) is launching a startup affiliate organization that will leverage the power of authentic and compelling storytelling to inspire policymakers, influencers, and parents to promote the family as the foundation for healthy children and strong communities.
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive, and creative Social Media Content Marketing Specialist with the unique opportunity of building awareness and engagement of the startup from the ground up. This position will be responsible for strategizing, developing, and publishing content for all of the organization’s social media channels.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a passion and knack for visual storytelling. Ideally, this individual will have experience in filming and editing video content, editing photography, creating compelling graphics and illustrations, and writing engaging copy for social media. In addition to developing strong social-first content, this position will own all aspects of the organization’s social media presence, build content calendars, grow audience awareness and engagement, engage with online communities, manage paid media, and analyze social data.
The Social Media Content Marketing Specialist will bring new thoughts and concepts to the table, ensuring the organization is staying ahead of current trends. This role will participate in brainstorms and collaborate with others to cultivate best-in-class content for the organization.
• Manage and maintain all aspects of the brand’s social media presence
• Develop strategic plans and content calendars for all organic and paid social media that align with the brand mission and strive to achieve the organization’s goals in connecting with and growing its audience
• Develop, design and produce all organic and paid social media content, including video, photography, illustrations, and copy, within established timelines and budgets and manage stakeholder reviews and approvals as needed
• Schedule and post all organic and paid content on social media channels leveraging best practices
• Foster a positive, productive social community that reflects brand values and engages an audience of learners and advocates, generating strong brand engagement and loyalty
• Own community management, including monitoring engagement, responding to direct messages and comments, escalating questions and complaints to appropriate stakeholders within the organization, moderating social conversations and events, and filtering out inappropriate comments. This may involve occasional work off-hours (nights, weekends).
• Seek new ways to connect with target audiences, stay relevant in the marketplace, create process efficiencies, and exceed KPIs
• Manage paid media campaigns, monitoring and optimizing content in real-time to maximize results
• Engage in social listening among general public, target audiences, industry influencers and partners, and competitors, to stay on top of trends, play a leading role in relevant conversations, and influence content development decisions
• Manage social media metric tools; create analytical reports that measure the success of social media content and campaigns against program KPIs and generate relevant insights
• Analyze data, occasionally in real-time, to inform specific strategies and tactics for social media content and campaigns, and make immediate adjustments to content as needed
• Closely work as an agile team member with marketing colleagues in the development of the organization’s marketing strategies and content frameworks to support program objectives, help to connect dots across all marketing distribution channels and grow organization’s overall audience
• Provide creative support to marketing team members across various marketing channels as needed
• Self-starter with strong work ethic, able to lead and work independently
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to multitask, establish timelines, and prioritize deadlines
• Strong and active interest in learning new skills
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to establish rapport with internal and external stakeholders
• Must display sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
• Ability to be flexible and participate in marketing work outside the realm of social media
• S. or higher in Marketing, Film/Media Arts, Communications, or related discipline
• 3+ years’ experience in social media marketing
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media strategy, planning, content creation, community management and paid media
• Experience with planning, shooting and editing video and photography
• Outstanding sense of aesthetic and attention to brand voice and detail
• Graphic design chops and a strong portfolio of digital creative
• Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication
• Strong organization, proofreading, project management skills
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Advanced in Adobe Premiere and highly skilled in the entire Adobe Creative Suite
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Complete understanding of all social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.) and all Facebook interfaces (Business Manager, Ad Manager, Page Insights, etc.), as well as social media management and listening tools
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with committees, community organizations, vendors, employees, and the public
• Maintain a valid North Carolina driver’s license, adequate auto insurance, and have access to an operating vehicle in order to attend to CHS business