Editor – NextAdvisor
NextAdvisor is a free resource to help you make smart moves that make a big impact on your wealth. We publish time-tested strategy guides, new perspectives on the economy, and analysis of the latest tools and products. We operate independently from TIME, but we are committed to TIME’s standards. Our reporters and editors follow strict editorial guidelines with an emphasis on transparency, accuracy, and fairness.
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Headquartered in the Charlotte metro area, Red Ventures has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil.
Red Ventures is looking for an experienced Editor to join our NextAdvisor team. NextAdvisor is a new personal finance brand launched in partnership with TIME.
This editor will play a critical role in conceiving, assigning, and developing reported stories that help readers take control of their money during a time of unprecedented economic uncertainty. NextAdvisor is a source of both information and inspiration, so we prefer a candidate with experience in personal finance journalism as well as a knack for telling compelling stories with fascinating characters.
This editor will manage staff writers, with potential to help build the team as the brand evolves. They will also work with a network of freelancers and contributors, so a strong candidate will come with a Rolodex of contacts and an eagerness to develop fresh voices and perspectives.
Knowledge of social media best practices, audience growth strategies, and digital-first publishing is essential. Experience working in a newsroom environment is preferred.
Our team members are based in our New York and Charlotte offices but this role can also be filled remotely.
• Assign, edit, and publish high-quality articles that fit the editorial standards of NextAdvisor and TIME
• Oversee coverage of a specific beat or focus area, producing enterprising pieces of work that contribute to topical conversations and spark new ones
• Manage reporters, setting their daily priorities and developing their reporting and writing skills over time
• Understand key audience engagement metrics and allow them to inform the team’s editorial strategy and decision-making process
• 5+ years of editorial experience
• Superb research, writing, and communication skills
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Strong skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizing workload
• Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to adapt and pivot quickly
• A willingness to work and manage team members remotely