Our mission is to enhance, restore, and preserve vision. Our physicians are passionate, talented professionals with a genuine interest in enhancing the lives of those with vision problems. We strive to better our patients’ quality of life through the most advanced technological procedures and state-of-the-art equipment. We’re always looking for qualified staff members who share our commitment to providing clinical excellence. We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to address the diverse needs of our employees and their families and allow them to maintain good health, financial well-being, and plan for retirement.
Assists Oculoplastic physicians by coordinating all activities in the department. Communicates effectively with potential and current patients with price and procedure information, appointments, insurance, and other related topics and greets all patients upon their arrival. Collects and processes payments. Promotes other services offered by Horizon Eye Care. Develops and maintains vendor relationships.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for oculoplastic and oculofacial aesthetics customers.
• Schedules and coordinates consults, pre-op visits, and post-op visits, for two physicians, operating at multiple office locations.
• Fields incoming phone calls from patients who may have questions regarding fees, pre-operative care, medical procedures, or cosmetic procedures, including potential benefits and risks.
• Facilitates the pre-operative appointment and answers all patient questions regarding consent forms, instruction forms, payment, and date/time of the scheduled procedure.
• Warmly greets patients onsite and conducts an accurate check-in and check-out process.
• Obtains/verifies insurance benefits and prepares fee quotes. Communicates with patients to explain procedure fees and their specific insurance coverage details.
• Collects patient payments for procedures.
• Resolves customer service concerns in the Aesthetics Dept.
• Communicates with providers regarding the procedure schedule.
• Promotes cosmetic procedures, retail products, injectables, laser services, LASIK, etc.
• Serves as the back-up to the LASIK Coordinator to cover vacations, PTO, etc.
• Establishes and maintains productive vendor relationships.
• Maintains patient safety and confidentiality adhering to current OSHA and HIPAA regulations.
• Position duties and responsibilities subject to change based on practice needs.
• An outgoing steady demeanor with the ability to effectively interact with all personality types.
• Effective listening skills to pick up on patient concerns and opportunities to expand services.
• Must be highly organized to coordinate all department activities and functions.
• Self-starter and ability to work independently.
• Medical office experience required with MS Office proficiency.
• Must maintain a professional physical and presentation image.
• Two years of marketing or sales experience preferred.
• Plastic surgery, dermatology, and/or ophthalmology experience strongly preferred.