Visitor Services Manager
A Charlotte institution for nearly 40 years, Carolina Raptor Center is at the precipice of amazing change as it gets set to move into Quest – a state-of-the-art environmental education center located at Latta Nature Preserve. The organization is seeking an organized, experienced financial professional to assist with the management of this new cultural asset and further establish the Raptor Center as a top Charlotte destination for hands-on STEM engagement.
Following nearly a decade of discussion and visioning, Carolina Raptor Center, in partnership with Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation, is building a new state-of-the-art Center at the Latta Nature Preserve. “Quest” promises to increase Carolina Raptor Center’s impact across a wide spectrum of audiences to include expanded conservation efforts, increased educational programming, access for underserved communities, and significant economic impact in the region.
Join a growing non-profit team in a key role in overseeing the organization’s customer-facing operations including ticketing, retail management, merchandising, marketing, trail events, and visitor relations. Works in collaboration with other members of the management team to innovate programming and streamline operational issues. Opportunity for growth and incentive packages for increased retail/membership and ticket sales.
The Visitor Services Manager manages all aspects of the visitor experience including 1) supervising visitor services staff, 2) creating and merchandising and an appropriate product mix in the CRC gift shop, 3) supervising the upkeep of the Visitor Services Center and Raptor Trail and 4) driving visitors to choose Carolina Raptor Center as their destination.
• Establishes a culture of customer service and contagious excitement about offerings at Carolina Raptor Center
• Serves on Raptor Force Program Innovation Team
• Responsible for gift shop operations
• Markets visitor experience through response to inquiries, web updates, brochures, email marketing, social media posts, community calendar listings, and couponing.
• Manages rental sales and management for CRC’s Quest facilities.
• Provide direct supervision to visitor experience associates (2-5) and visitor experience volunteers.
• Provides monthly reporting to Executive Director, Finance Director and Associate Executive Director for the following metrics: visitor demographics, coupon redemption, gift shop sales, gift shop inventory
• Manages evening event series – talent booking, food truck scheduling, beer/wine tasting. Identifies and executes promotional opportunities.
• Updates promotional boards.
• Supervises rental events with the help of the Customer Engagement Director.
• Updates whiteboard promotional boards.
• Motivates the visitor experience team to clean, maintain, and improve Visitor Center and the Raptor Trail to create a great first impression.
• Identifies repairs in the Visitor Services and Raptor Trail facilities. Coordinate with maintenance coordinator to accomplish facilities improvements.
• Membership: Works closely with development to sell and fulfill membership purchases.
• Adopt-A-Bird: Works closely with development to sell and fulfill Adopt-a-Bird purchases.
• Ticket donations: Fields requests for ticket donations based on established guidelines.
• Two-year associate degree in business, management, marketing, or retail or other like program.
• Minimum of two years’ experience managing a retail operation.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop)
• Impeccable organizational skills
• Experience in marketing/promotion
• Experience in facilities management
• Supervisory experience of hourly employees
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform to high standards with tight and demanding time schedules.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, volunteers, the general public, and media.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work/goals.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time appropriately.
• Ability to lead, coach and inspire all members of the team.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Professional manner
• Ability to work with others (team-oriented)
• Understanding of CRC mission
Compensation and benefits:
• Starts at $14/hour plus incentives
• Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, 15 PTO days/year