Project Manager, Strategic Accounts
What makes Discovery Education a GREAT fit for you? We are the global leader in standards-aligned digital curriculum resources, engaging content, and professional learning for K-12 classrooms, and we partner with districts, states, and like-minded organizations to provide teachers with customized solutions that support the success of all learners. When you join the Discovery Education team, you become part of a fast-growing global organization that is empowering educators with the digital tools and professional learning they need to connect students to the real-world.
The Discovery Education Partner Success Team seeks a high energy, high potential individual to build strategic partnerships with SC DOE and district stakeholders to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional development, and engagement within the global community.
The Project Manager, Strategic Accounts is the primary post-sale point of contact for Discovery Education’s state, regional, and district partners, responsible for developing customer relationships that promote retention and loyalty. The Project Manager will manage ongoing customer relationships at scale to ensure long-term customer success with Discovery Education services while ensuring activities and communication are properly documented. They will be involved in all aspects of support, account management, professional development planning, demonstrating product, educating customers, upselling, and more. The Project Manager will be instrumental and accountable in supporting the Partner Success team with renewing and upselling within accounts, to ensure the team meets the corporate renewal and upsell objectives. This includes working with Partner Success regional teams to provide internal account health updates, prepare partner presentations and generate/ analyze usage data and provide usage stim, engage in customer-facing lifecycle management activities, support marketing campaigns and customer outreach, actively recruit partners for DE Events, manage renewals, and act as a liaison between the Partner Success, Customer Support, Partnerships, and Marketing teams.
• Serve as the main point of contact for district-level and state-level leaders to launch and implement SC DOE partnership of Discovery Education services.
• Strategize, develop, and activate digital outreach strategies that will cultivate and nurture relationships with decision-making individuals responsible for education programming across all SC DOE departments and school sites. Individuals will be assigned and accountable for developing/ executing critical-issue-specific business development strategies.
• Maintain accurate/timely records within CRM tools of business development activities and coordinate development reports and outreach and usage dashboards regarding all prospective partner activities.
• Project Manage large scale professional development plans between SC DOE personnel and internal professional learning facilitators to drive awareness and usage of Discovery Education.
• Collaborate with the Discovery Education Community (DEN) to elevate, celebrate and share best practices across the district.
• Appropriately and pro-actively merchandise the success of Discovery Education’s existing partnerships with organizations, partners, and school leaders.
• Proactively maintain a thorough understanding of Discovery Education’s overall goals and strategic vision for the future of education, and the private sector’s role within the mission to reimagine teaching and learning.
• Collaboratively establish structured rollout plans including user management, Professional learning support and track progress to ensure on-time delivers and that plans stay within scope of partnership.
• Provide insights to senior leaders to ensure that they get the most out of their Discovery Education services with the aim of helping grow the partnership and overall usage.
• Schedule and deliver product training and product professional learning aligned to the specific contract and needs of the district partner.
• Select and manage any necessary professional learning facilitators to ensure fidelity and quality of implementation.
• Review, understand, deliver, and in some instances, create the professional learning content to ensure fidelity and quality of implementation.
• Exhibit behaviors that foster positive professional relationships and be attentive to the professional needs of the district partners in the sessions being delivered.
• Reflect continuously upon each professional learning delivery to improve the quality of the experience for the district.
• Ensure the appropriate collection of any data from all stakeholders using approved tools, systems, and techniques.
• Coordinate and partner to lead high-value in-person and virtual events to drive awareness and service adoption in support of goals.
• Establish and build strong, trusting relationships with across key stakeholder groups.
• Additional projects and responsibilities to be assigned as needed.
• The perfect candidate for this role will possess a proven track record of revenue generation and quota attainment in complex, solutions sales (products and services) selling to a variety of decision-makers, as well as large scale project management experience.
• She/he will also have strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
• She/he will possess a growth mindset and team-oriented character – motivated by helping others succeed as much as individual success.
• Professional Experience: 5-7 years of experience in customer success, account management, project management, and/or sales with a proven track record of territory management, consultative sales, and exceptional client relations. Additional background in education is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage a diverse workload. Possess a growth mindset and team-oriented character – motivated by helping others succeed as much as individual success. Proven track record of success.
• Deep understanding of K-12 instructional practices, curriculum standards, and effective professional development strategies preferred
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience.
• Suite of Microsoft Office, CRM/Salesforce preferred, Gainsight, Vidyard.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-Motivation and Self-Starter: Driven self-starter with the ability to do what needs to be done without being micromanaged; ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, proactively manage numerous projects, and prioritize competing timelines; demonstrate a problem solving/ solution-oriented approach.
• Learning Orientation: Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
• Focus on Diversity: Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept, and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Sense of Humor: Because we all need to laugh sometimes.
• Flexibility/Travel: Candidate will have limited travel outside of district site travel (10%).
• Legal right to work in the United States.