Executive Assistant & Bookkeeper
Orthodox Christian Prison Ministry is a national, faith-based non-profit organization. OCPM serves those who are incarcerated and their families, and provides resources, training, and support to our ministry partners so that lives are transformed and God is glorified.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for performing general office management and day-to-day accounting duties such as journal entries, gift recording and receipting, processing payroll, financial record keeping, bank deposits, and assisting with the preparation of financial statements and reports.
The desired individual will have advanced experience with QuickBooks, working in the nonprofit setting, demonstrated professionalism and tact in communications, a self-starter, strong organizational and time management skills, acute attention to detail and ability to work well with the OCPM team.
As OCPM is a remote organization, regardless of the status of the COVID-19 crisis, this will be a remote position. The Executive Assistant & Bookkeeper will primarily report to and interact with the Executive Director via email, phone, and video chat. The ideal candidate will be in proximity to Charlotte, NC, and be available to interact with the Executive Director in person once a week or every other week.
This is a part-time position with flexible work hours during the normal business day. This position may evolve into full time in the future. OCPM does not have a central office. The candidate will work out of an office in his or her own home. OCPM will provide or pay for all reasonable and necessary office supplies including but not limited to a computer, telephone, printer, and folding machine.
• Record expenses, donations, and other financial data using Quickbooks Online
• Generate and prepare donation receipts
• Deposit funds received
• Make necessary allocations to keep expenses organized
• Prepare and process payment for accounts payable
• Process payroll
• Provide information for financial statements
• Provide clerical and administrative support to the Executive Director as requested
• Create well-organized, grammatically correct correspondence (such as memos,
meeting minutes, emails, reports, and other documents)
• Answer and screen incoming calls, routing them to the appropriate personnel
• Manage office supplies, keeps track of inventory, and make purchases
• Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks
• Nonprofit experience
• Proficiencies in Excel and database management
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Experience with G-suite a plus
• Respectful and appreciative to OCPM’s mission, and a self-starter needing little supervision.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent with 2-4 years related experience or combination of education and experience preferred.
• As a small organization, a significant amount of flexibility and teamwork is required. Employees are expected to work collaboratively to ensure OCPM’s success.