Enterprise Security Architect
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the development of target state architectures and roadmaps for their assigned domain. In addition, this role is responsible for the establishment and implementation of standards for specific architecture domains including business, application, data, and infrastructure. This role guides Technical Architects to ensure that program and project architectures adhere to the standards, target state architectures, and roadmaps.
• Defines and documents Lowe’s architectural standards, target state architectures, and best practices that guide and influence architecture decisions for a specific domain with guidance from Principal Architects.
• Within the assigned domain, completes research and analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
• Understands and interprets Lowe’s current Information Technology landscape to identify weaknesses for application owners to develop improvements and works with leadership to prioritize improvement projects.
• Oversees the development of architecture transition plans for moving from current to future state business, data, application and infrastructure models, within large cross-functional and complex business areas.
• Creates architecture roadmaps for the introduction and retirement of technology, cost/risk reduction and optimization, ensure adherence to architectural standards and the continual enablement of business strategies.
• Through partnership with the Principal Architects, Incorporates enterprise business trends and strategies to create domain-specific target state architecture, standards, guidelines, patterns, and reference models.
• For a given domain, manages the evaluation and selection of application, data, and infrastructure technology, product standards, and the design of standard configurations with guidance from Principal Architect.
• Defines and enforces Architecture standards, procedures, metrics and policies to ensure consistency across the organization with guidance from Principal Architects.
• Collaborates with the Technical Architects to ensure the development of the conceptual and logical architectures required for business solution delivery.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field
• 8-12+ years’ experience in IT, including 5+ years of experience in IT architecture, or additional equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
• 4+ years’ experience leading technical teams with or without direct reports
• 2+ years’ experience working in a large matrixed organization
• 2+ years’ experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
• 4+ years’ experience defining Target State Architectures and Roadmaps
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field
• 4+ years’ experience with commercial off-the-shelf package integration
• 4+ years’ experience architecting, designing, and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems
• 2+ years’ experience working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman
• 2+ years’ experience working with third-party IT vendors and/or IT system solution providers
• 3+ years’ experience in IT within the retail industry