Senior IT Software Engineer
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes responsibility for developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This individual facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
• Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs.
• Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages.
• Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications.
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment.
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage.
• Participates and coaches others in all software development life cycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls.
• Technical Knowledge (5-7 years’ experience)
• Basic knowledge of Windows \\ AIX \\ Linux
• How to navigate directories and view files
• Programming \\ Scripting
• MOCA, Batch, ksh, csh, etc…
• Perl, VB, c languages
• SQL knowledge
• Intermediate to Advanced competency
• Understanding of typical integration layers \\ technologies
• Ability to dig and complete root cause analysis
• Business Knowledge (5-7 years’ experience)
• Basic understanding of supply chain concepts
• Intermediate understanding of distribution concepts
• Intimate working knowledge of warehouse management processes
• Inbound Processing
• Outbound Processing
• Inventory Management
• Leadership Skills (2-3 years’ experience)
• Leading teams (internal and external resources)
• Managing assignments
• Leading meetings with business users \\ managers
• Working with 3rd party vendors
• Driving resolution of reported issues
• Organizational and work management skills
• Resolve production issues
• Work with the business on maintenance and enhancements
• Oversee design and quality of changes
• Manage work for the team
• Develop a strong relationship with Bangalore team members to maximize everyone’s level of productivity